Spiders web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG game

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

continueing that game any longer.

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....

The Dragoon: Day 1

Go down 
+5
Wybren
rldouglass
Blackmagi
drizzt380
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:57 pm

The look of concern disappeared, replaced by a friendly smirk. "I can see that," he chuckled while nodding at the stout, sturdy fellow. "And you're absolutely right, Mister Hung Wei, being recently impoverished is no excuse for me to lose my manners or forget my surroundings." He tips his hat, "I am Carlos," and bows with a flourish, "newly poor, but well-dressed, beggar."

Discern Motive:
Spoiler:

Last edited by chevy on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Hung Wei will return the bow to his fellow country man. I understand poverty all to well at the moment. There is things we can do about it however I don't know what skills you have that can be beneficial. I am in charge of a group right now that is on a mission of importance that if you want you can help. However, you need to inform me what skills you have acquired at the moment. Come follow me for a ways and we can talk. With that, Hung Wei will resume walking out of the tavern.
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:57 pm

OOC:
Spoiler:
With a shrug, Carlos agreed to accompany Hung Wei. "I can tell you this," Carlos said, taking a swig of his bottle, "I am very talented at losing my money. But this is not very beneficial, is it? So tell me, what kind of people are in this 'group' of yours?" He took another swig, then as an afterthought, leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "I bet you'd have better luck against those dwarves."

Last edited by chevy on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Enclosed OOC in spoiler)
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 3:41 pm

OCC: To answer the question, Hung Wei has a 20 Wisdom so that is somewhat high. If any person has watched older Star Wars, they created a rpg out of it and gave stats to each person in the game. Yoda's Wisdom was a 20 when he was training Luke. Random Knowledge. just to let you know

I probably would have better luck against those dwarves if I were to gamble however I don't and I won't take their money. Hung Wei nods to his party afterward and says That is my party that I lead. There are sneaky people, fighting people, probably a mage I believe, and I think a healer however I don't know what each will do in battle. I myself can sneak around and fight when I need to. So what brings you out to this town? Do you know anything about the Drow that live in this area? Do you know anything about the Temple of Mystra? The last two questions if you know anything will be helpful however we are in charge of finding the whole truth regarding the answers of those last two questions. There is no cash from our benefactor however whatever we find we get to split up.

Hung Wei will walk around the town to the location of the swamp area where the hatch is supposed to be. Thinking about it, they should just plain to wait around that area until the priest goes to the spot and udders the words to open the hatch. Then they will be able to get inside and find out what they are hiding in the spot. Hopefully some information about the Temple of "Mystra" will be revealed and maybe a way into the construction instead of fighting the people to get inside.
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 5:34 pm

DM, please ajudicate

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 5:34 pm

The member 'chevy' has done the following action : dice

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
https://spidersweb.forumotion.com
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Wybren

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 am

Quote:
Hung Wei will walk around the town to the location of the swamp area where the hatch is supposed to be. Thinking about it, they should just plain to wait around that area until the priest goes to the spot and udders the words to open the hatch.

Radour follows Hung Wei at a respectable distance of about 100 feet, as agreed last night.
He will say to Severian, Talion and the half-orc: Let's follow him, we can't let him do it on his own, can we?
He adds in a quick whisper to Carlos: I don't know you, but you may call me Radour. You're welcome to join us, if you don't expect me to pay your gambling debts.

If Hung Wei enters the swamp area,
looks around if the others are indeed with him, and says: this could get messy, Severian, perhaps you should move at Hung Wei's side. I'll be behind you both, give me a signal if you're going to fight.
If the others are not with Radour, he will call Hung Wei back: please don't go in there alone!
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:12 am

Tialon sees as Hung Wei excepts the Dragoon with a stranger. He quickly finishes up his impromptu show with a real magic trick by making a few of the coins he has been given dance into his pocket using the prestidigitation spell. He says goodbye to the few number of children gathered around him and runs up to meet Hung Wei who is now heading out to the swamp. Seeing that Radour is now following him at a distance, he remembers their plan to let the more stealthy ones go first.

"Of course we can't let him go alone. I was waiting to see what he was going to do. Didn't know if we were going to follow the priest or wait for him at the trap door. Severian left early this morning to watch the chapel. If Hung Wei hadn't left, I was actually about to go talk to those moon elves. Didn't want to bother them too early after all."

If Carlos says back with Radour and the less stealthy of the group: "Another member to join our little troupe. The more the merrier. Or was it the more the less likely it is for the enemy to attack you?"

If we end up waiting at the trap door for a while without the priest showing up, Tialon will suggest that they keep watch while he sees if he can do anything about opening it: "I could see if it is magically shut or not and whether I can open while someone watches for the priest. If you think it is safe enough, of course.
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 am

OOC:
Spoiler:
IC:
Carlos blinked at the onslaught of questions. "What, am I being interrogated? I understand that you're dedicated to a task of some urgency, but you could let a man talk."

"I travel to faraway places, to see new things and meet interesting people. The very special ones, I either make love to... or kill." Carlos swirled his bottle, gauging how much wine was left, before swallowing another mouthful. He offered the bottle first to Hung Wei, then to the monk's companions.

"Dark elves, in this part of the world, I've been hearing much about them. What do they have to do with the Temple of Mystra? There's one in every big city, no? I think you know more about this than me, hombre," he shrugged.

[TAG: Hung Wei. Anything else to add before walking off?]

An elflike man greeted Carlos. "Ah, well met, Radour!" he beamed. "I am Carlos. And don't worry," he added with a chuckle, "I only gamble to bankruptcy, never into debt."

As more of the group departed, Carlos stood watching, unsure of what to do. "Wait, where is everyone going? Can somebody tell me what is going on, so I know what I'm getting myself into?" He raised his arms in an exasperated gesture, accidentally tipping his bottle. Carlos looked at the puddle of mud and wine, and could only groan.

Last edited by chevy on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Enclosed OOC in spoiler)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:21 pm

OOC EVERYONE READ:
Spoiler:
Carlos;
Spoiler:

Regwald watches everyone conversating, but stays silent, keeping his eyes out for the odd looking drow. When he sees the newcomer he does walk over to the man. His head coming to about the mans naval, he looks up to Carlos, Whats on your amrs there? He points at the metal linings of the mans armor. Regwald, or Regi, by the way. Master of Hacking and making skull go-a-cracking! The halfling smiles at his poorly thought joke, which is quite common for the little man.
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Carlos searched for the source of the man's voice, finding it at a child's height. "These?" Carlos asked quizically, examining the steel strips affixed to the outer portiion of his supple leather sleeves. "These are jack chains," Carlos answered, as if he thought everyone ought to know what they are. Realizing his error, he tried to explain a thing he took for granted. "They're chains... that go on the sleeves... of your jack." The Oriental man found himself at an uncharacteristic loss for words. "I'm sorry, I really don't know how to explain them," he apologized. "They are proof against swords and axes, most of the time," was all he could offer.

Carlos squat down to sit on his haunches, until he was at eye-level with the halfling, then offered his forearm to brace. "Pleased to meet you, Master Regwald Skullcracker. Perhaps you could be so kind as to tell me what makes this Drow-built Mystran temple so compelling that everyone is rushing off."
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
severian

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:43 pm

S. will ask around if someone have seen short haired Drow in blue cloak of Mystra:
gather info:
Spoiler:

if someone have seen him leaving we'll have to rush to the swamp - S. will contact the party and continue according to plan,
if he was not seen than he will continue stalking the town for any sign of the cursed man/drow!
Spoiler:

edit- spoiler
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Regwald embraces the mans armor, eyeing the odd jack chains but ultimatly accepts him, and smiles, Nice to have another one of some muscle along . He gives a wink, and then continues to answer Carlos's questions, The temple was constructed on an ancient citadel, one that was destroyed over an elf's life ago. A hearty chuckles escapes him at the odd choice of words. The drow who built the temple came from Menzobarrnazan, most evil of drow city's in the underdark! A few drow settlements have popped up, but theyere all watched, secretly and closly. then walks out of the Inn. But continues talking, assuming Carlos follows. The oddest thing is that this is the only temple of Mystra in all of Cormyr and most of the Dale lands as well. Our employer, Tunaster, is a cleric of Mystra. He only happend to visit Wheloon, and chanced upon the newest temple. Now, why would a cleric of good standing, who is in constant contact with his organization, not know of a new temple? So, he visited the place, and the claims to have been attacked and ran off when he asked to go inside!

Regwald just looks at the man, with a sly smirk, So, its our job to figure out whats going on. Tunaster is going to be leaving to see if his own clergy won't come to help out, or provide more detailed info on this new temple. He will be gone for a month or so.

As severian asks about the short haired drow, he gets mixed information. Some say he's a high priest of the New Mystra temple. Others say he's a messanger for the Mystra temple here and the next on east of Cormyr, but no one knows where the other temple is located...

---------------Later that day------7'o'clock--------

Severian is seen slinking down the main road, motiong for everyone to follow and points out the short haired drow, about twenty feet from the guards at the edge of the city. The large rogue kept a respectable distance, so not to be seen, thus far and has still managed to keep track of Al`Ertu.

Going down the road it isn't long before you see the drow past the purple Dragon guards and fetch a horse from the stables just outside of town.

Regwald looks to the group, Well... So much for following him.. Tracking him is a better term... He crosses his small arms, talking to the Purple Dragon guards, Any horses for loan?
No Reggie, how many times will we tell you? Buy your own horse!

Pssshh, FINE! The halfling stomps back, Well, I know the way to the Vast Swamp, but if were to keep on AL`Ertu's trail, we need to hurry! Its about a two day travel, without making camp.... Is everyone ready? Or should we even go?

OOC:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:56 pm

"Tracking? Why do you need to track him? You already know where he's going, no?" Carlos drained the last of his wine and tossed the bottle into a patch of rocks. "Unless you don't know where he's going. I can track a man on horseback fairly well, but we won't be moving very fast."

To the DM:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Ya, we know he's going to the Vast Swamp, but thats a pretty big place. Lots of nasty's reside there. Bands of orcs, goblins, kobolds. Trolls, wolves, who knows what else. We should be careful. But etheir way, lets go! He then begins to fill in Carlos about the meeting with Tunaster, everything the priest said and what has been decided and happend up till this point, so the man isn't feeling lost or out of place.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Wybren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:40 am

OOC:
Spoiler:

Radour doesn't like to slow down because of small sizes or people in heavy armor.
So he goes at his own pace.
AFter walking for 4 hours, 12 miles done, he will rest and wait for the others to catch up,
if they are walking more slowly. Eat some bread and an apple.
Then he will walk for another 4 hours and wait for them while resting again.

He will say to Carlos: "Good of you to join us. I am happy that you don't make any gambling debts, that would not only damage your own reputation, but also that of the group you're with.
Have you ever considered music as entertainment instead of gambling? It's really enjoyable to sing and practice on an instrument. The more you practice, the better you get. Only a few weeks and you'll be playing your own tunes on this chimes here. Want to try it?
"

Last edited by Wybren on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added spoiler and speech)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 am

OOC:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:21 am

Tialon keeps up with Radour's speed and any others that match it. He will eat pieces of trail rations as they walk and make generally pointless conversation, talking about anything that seems to pop into his head in an effort to stave off his own boredom at the hours of walking. If anyone shows annoyance at his prattle, he doesn't notice unless they outright tell him to be quiet.

Though he isn't unnecessarily loud, he doesn't show much caution for remaining stealthy. He obviously has little experience in trailing someone and believes that their distance from Al'ertu will keep them undiscovered.

If he hasn't been told to be quiet yet, he will seem to run out of things to talk about after a few hours and turn to Radour. "You don't have any good ballads for walking do you?"
If Radour does not play, Tialon will keep himself occupied by practicing various coin tricks.

Tialon obviously hates traveling and seems to do anything he can to keep his mind off the fact that he is.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Wybren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:18 am

Radour answers Tialon: "of course, which bard could resist a request for music? Perhaps I can sing about Allumveied again, it is such a lovely song. But I'll sing softly, and I caution you to do likewise: we are not to attract attention to ourselves, are we?"

Radour sings the ballad of Allumveied softly, hoping it pleases Tialon and the others.
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:07 am

[After Regwal says "Let's go!"]
"Wait," Carlos said. "If you would like me to accompany you, at least allow me to properly do so." With that, he dropped his pack and adjusted his leathers, which he had donned haphazardly in the tavern. He hadn't expected to be on the move so soon, so the front was left open and the cuisses (thigh guards) dangled sloppily from the body. With a minimum of movement, Carlos deftly buckled the front of the cuirass, fastened the sleeves, pulled up his boots, and strapped on the cuisses. He detached the small bow and quiver of arrows from the pack and fixed them to his belt. He spent a few moments testing his reach to his blades, bow, and arrows, adjusting each until the draw was natural. He carefully put on his backpack so as not to disturb the positioning of his arsenal. "Let's be off, then!"

His leathers were utterly plain and practical compared to the garb he wore underneath. Only his hat and the puffs of boldly colored fabric at the neck, elbows and knees indicated he was anything more than a common foot soldier. He still managed to look dashing, but in a dangerous way.

[After Radour offers Carlos the chimes]
Carlos, being a swift-mover himself, easily matches pace with Radour. "Thank you, but no. I'm more of a listener than a singer. And don't press me. You do not want your ears to bleed." He let out a hearty laugh at his own expense.

[As they're walking]
"I don't believe you've told me your name," Carlos said to the plainly dressed elf. The elf man introduced himself, to which Carlos replied, "Well met, Tialon," and seemed delighted to pass the time talking idly about absolutely nothing of relevance. "Don't waste your rations," Carlos said. "If you get hungry, we can just slow down for a while and I can provide for us."*

[When Radour starts singing]
Carlos would have much preferred a marching chant, but the music was pleasant, and served to establish a pace. He started to hum along, but after realizing he had no worldly idea what the melody was, he satisfied himself with breathing in rhythm with the song.

OOC: *Getting along in the wild
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Watching the human don his armor, Regwald found oddly amusing, In wheloon, I walk around nearly daylight to bedtime in my armor. With the drow around, the attacks on the caravans heading for Wehloon and the murders in Tilvertown, which is pretty close to home, I see myself needing to be always prepared. Regwald says this as casual conversation, not 'preaching or warning' Carlos.

When Radour starts to sing the halfling bobs his head to the tune, smiling gleefully. Cracking a joke every now and then, he trys to keep everyone in good humor. He keeps just to the side of Radour, leading the way.

After about two hours the landscape starts to change from the flat plains. It slowly swells into rolling hills of various sizes. Large rocks litter the sides of some, a few trees and the grass is a green as an emrald. Its just past mid-day now and you see the silhouettes of tall columns, and broken walls. Its two valleys away, about three miles. Your surroundings are more hills, a small bunching of trees to the north, further north is Wyrven river (nearly 75 miles). South is, still, more hills, further south (just under 30 miles) is the end of Dragonmere lake the end of the 'Neck' that flows into the lake.

A growl is heard, even over Radour singing. Regwald winks at Carlos, Didn't you mention food? I think its about that time He says, with a bright smile.

OOC:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Knowledge (local) check
Spoiler:

Perception check
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Wybren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Radour tries to remember what kind of ruin (keep, castle, etc.) might be seen at this point, using his bardic knowledge (+1 int +3).

Knowledge local +4
Random number (5,24) :

He stops singing and also listens for more growls and suspicious sounds

Perception +2 (half-elf)
Random number (3,22) :
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
severian

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:22 pm

S. is close to H. Wey. trying to catch the trail and looking out for the rest of the party, we are vanguard and never out of sight.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 am

Tialon's eyebrow arches as he sees the ruins rise up in front of them but his hand quickly moves to his weapon as he hears the loud growl.

Knowledge (local) +9
Spoiler:

Perception +0
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   The Dragoon: Day 1 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dragoon: Day 1
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum