check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

continueing that game any longer.

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....

Share | 

The Dragoon: Day 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:04 am

Lets go see if we can find out where the drow/elves disappeared off to. They couldn't have gotten that far away from them. They followed each other out of the door within minutes of each other.

With that Hung Wei will walk toward the guy Tialon was talking to before he walked out to follow the drow. Hopefully the know where the escaped to and have an idea why they went there. When Hung Wei gets to the half-elf, he will extend his hand in greeting saying, I'm Hung Wei. I don't think we were formally introduced. I saw you in the bar a couple of minutes ago and decided to follow the couple of elves and drow that exited the inn. I have a couple of questions, where did they go? Did they spot you as you were following them? Where are they now?
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:31 am

to Hung Wei: Hi, I am Radour son of Reisha, as you may have heard in the tavern.
I heard what you said to Tialon, and acting on an impulse, I followed those cloaked figures. They appear to be moon elves, a race for which I have deep respect. They were following the drow and have now disappeared in that house over there.
I am a bard and would like to know more about this matter.
In particular I would like to speak to those moon elves, but they may not be grateful for my inquisitiveness, so for the moment, I am in doubt about what to do.

Turning back towards the bridge, he whispers to Hung Wei and Tialon:
The drow have run towards their temple of Mystra.
I think they were afraid of the cloaked figures.
I would be glad to meet anyone who can tell us more about this matter.
I saw you talking to the man with the blue cap. Who is he and what did he tell you?
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:47 am

Chase came to a halt. Severian was glad to see the cloaked figures to be a moon elves. promising sign. It is time to make some friends.

he approached a band of "tourists" and bowed politely: Please allow me to introduce myself... I'm Severian, and I think that we share similar interests in these plot.

he listens to their introductions and suggests: we should talk to those moon elves, they might be on to something... don't you think?

all the while glances the direction the drow disappeared...
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:01 am

Ha Severian,glad to know your name now. I noticed you at my performance, thanks for being such a great fan. Can you tell me where you're from?
I myself am from Deepingdale, my mother Reisha is running a tavern in the neighborhood of Highmoon, though she doesn't own the place. But she is well known among travellers.
I have just visited her for a week and I heard some worrisome rumours about New Tilverton. So I decided to travel south and investigate.
But now there seems much more to worry about...
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:23 am

Tialon follows Hung Wei as he moves toward Radour. He seems to have all the questioning about the drow and elves under control so he says nothing until Radour begins to ask questions.

"I do not know what the blue capped man said, probably close to what Hung Wei related to us at the Dragoon. My kin may not be grateful for our inquisitiveness, but the worst they would probably do is turn us away."

When the fourth man approaches, he turns to address him.

"Hello, Severian. I am Tialon. We may in fact share similar goals, if your goal is the investigation of this temple of Mystra the drow are building. You are right though. The moon elves are probably the best people to talk to. Its that or go talk to the Drow themselves. And I trust my own kin before them. Though, we should remember to be back to the Dragoon by midnight. I know that dwarf, Urik was his name I believe, probably has some information."
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:29 am

Ah, I'm from -here and there- I'm... was born Cormyran, but grew up on the Sword coast. If I must pinpoint the place then it would be Luskan where my old father lives.

The rumors seem to be powerful if they reach right ears. It seems we all had many miles to pass following them!

I'm worried about the Drows, it smells so unnatural to me - them changing, It is likely to be as much as a stove made of wood or pigsty made of pumpkin!

to Tialon: yes good elf, we should see the moon elves. And the dwarfs should be heard too.

IC, OOC: Nice to know you!
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 17 HP 19/19   Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:01 pm

A huge half-orc walks into the tavern. He ducks to avoid hitting his head. He is about 7ft tall. He is wearing heavy white firs that are out of place here. They look rather worn. He looks around warily at the mix of humans, elves, dwarves etc. On his back is a huge great axe lashed to his back. He has no helmet or shield just studded leather armor. His muscles bulge. He's difficult to ignore and difficult to look at. He doesn't bathe often except when crossing a river.

He's been moving south for months. Wandering more or less aimlessly. Looking for something worthwhile to do.

He walks up to the bar and says "ALE!".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:33 pm

OOC:
Spoiler:

As the group throws around the idea of talking to the Moon Elves who followed the Drow, who in turn were followed by this newly forming group, a caravan, three wagons long. Each pulled by two strong looking horses and driven by a Cormyran Human, crosses the bridge. Giving the small group a nod as they pass. An older lady, with a small fruit/veggi stand out side a shop with a sign labled
Urllay's Anything-N-Everything Yells out to the hustling crowd of people. Apples and Oranges, Peaches and Pairs. Come one. Come all, I've plenty to share!

A small boy, maybe 9 years old, strolls down the street, talking to anyone he passes, on the opposite side that your on. Is Tholl as tough as he thinks? Is Huermieners Forge going out of Buisness? Who is Mr Yurkles newest Mistress, or is there more than one? All this and more, in Wheloons Take-A-Gander paper! Obviously he is a tabloid salesman.

Meanwhile; A large, very large, halforc walks into the Dragoon. He strolls up to the bar, and orders an ale. Josepgh slides him a mug overflowing with suds and cheap Cormyran ale. Here, That'll be two silver. He holds out his hand, waiting for the payment. Pleas make it quick, your kind isn't thought of fondly around here. He adds, his voice alittle shaky.
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Radour whispers to the others: let's not bother the moon-elves right now, but wait until we know somewhat more. I can tell you this: in the year 900 DR Wheloon was the site of the battle of the Lich King. That's more than 470 years ago, but I think it shows that this place has a special attraction for evil creatures. Probably that citadel is more than just an innocent ruin. But what it contains, who knows?

Radour then goes to the young boy and buys a newspaper. He immediately returns to Hung Wei, Tialon and Severian to continue the conversation.

He also goes to the woman selling fruit, buys a lb. of apples, introduces himself as bard and asks her for news. Which tavern is known for its musical entertainments?
Which places are good to perform? Which nobles might like music?
What does she think of the new temple? Do the workers buy fruit at her shop? Are they nice and talkative? Has she heard whether there are many worshippers of Mystra here?

Diplomacy +9
Random number (1,20) :
+9

Last edited by Wybren on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added speaking to the woman and dip. check)
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:03 pm

An ancient place of evil - that would explain the Drow and the whole charade, they might want to finish what they started in peace, that's why they so good, by gods!

I must disagree with you Radour, the moon elves should be herd, it is of grave importance that we act fast, there is a question of murders that I'd like to get into, I'm sure that it will be linked with"you know who"

When the trade caravan was passing him S halted the Cormyran traders, asking for time to spare answering some questions.

diplomacy +6 (edit - skill bonuses Smile)

severian carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :

Are you up to the temple building site? what do you carry,

sense motive +4

severian carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :

what do drow eat? are they like normal people, do they act strangely? how often do you bring them goods?

at the end invites them into the Dragon later on to by them drinks.

to the party: Now let's go see those moon elves, OK?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:03 pm

The boy asks for 3cp for the newspaper, and the woman looks nearly offended at the mention of Drow buying her product. I won't server those foul, dark skinned creatures. Find their fruits else where they will! As for entertainment, most nobles go to "The Noble Place" a tavern in the southwest area of the town proper. Just a tavern mind you, not an Inn. The Inn, owned by the same nobles, is across the street, Green Acres Inn. Expensive places though. And that'll be two copper, my good elf.

The caravan stops and talks to Severian, No sir, we don't deal with those Drow. On our way to Settlestone. A long journey ahead of us. We have buisness with Berkthgar, his working with Mithiral Hall has granted the barbarian allies across Farun. Now if you don't mind, let us be, we have much to do while in Wheloon. We'll be at the Noble Place later this evening though. Bring your coin purse if you come, its not cheap!

Severain:
Spoiler:

Public:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:57 am

Satisfied with the merchant's answer, realizing their business is not one involving the drow, he turns to the party and lovers his tone:

-whispers-

we should see those moon elves but I think it will be wiser if the visit is after the dawn. We are new in Town and should be careful with who do we talk since a lot of things happened here and people are a little jumpy!

out laud:

let's go back to the Dragon, I haven't had any drink, will you read us the news dear bard, just don't salt them up as bards often do.

winks at the bard and go to the Dragon.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:12 am

Hung Wei will follow the guy back into the inn. Once there he will order a glass of wine and being eating his weird rolled up food. Glancing at the looks at the weird food, he holds it up saying, This is an egg roll guys. It is good meal while on the road. Thou I need to make some more if I plan to go out. I'll be back. I need to get some supplies to make more of these. Do you want one to have and taste?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:13 am

Back in the Dragoon, a Half-Orc is now sitting at the bar, drinking his ale.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:05 pm

turning to Radour, Hung Wei says The blue capped person you will later meet tonight if you wish to go investigate these Drow's activities. He is a cleric of Mystra himself and wants to know what they are doing. I'll fill you all in before the meet about everything he told me. Lets meet here around 11:30. The meeting is at midnight. Alright. However before the stores close down I need to get some supplies to make some more egg rolls.

Hung Wei will then finish his egg rolls and walks out of the building in search of supplies.
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Tialon goes back to the Dragoon, content to wait until later tonight to continue. While he is eager to follow this first good lead he has had, he is still tired from his trip to the town.

Tialon goes up the the bartender, "Could I get one of your rooms for the night?" He tells Radour which room he will be in, in case he is needed.

When Tialon has paid, he will go to his room and rest until 11:30 when Hung Wei said to gather for the talk with the dwarf. He will spend his time in trance for several hours and then study his notes unless someone bothers him.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Radour buys some bread at a shop and eats it together with two apples as a sober evening meal,
while sitting at the marketplace and observing the people there. In particular he is looking for the drow or the moon elves.
AFter he has finished, he returns to the Dragoon, and asks the bartender if he can perform there this evening. He will also order another ale and try to get some information from the bartender about the drow who are visiting his tavern. Since when do they come? Why do they fight with the dwarves? Who is insulting who and why?

Diplomacy
Random number (1,20) :
+9

He will ask how much it will cost to sleep in the common room this night amidst the other guests.
If he is allowed to perform, he will play his chimes, sing songs on request of the customers, recite some poems, comment on the news in the newspaper in a kind of ode, sing again and collect any offerings of the guest (take 10 on all of these perform skills). He will do this from 9 till 11 pm.
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:45 am

Severian will chat with the party, if anyone has some information regarding the drow to share he would be more then ready to listen, he will have average meal, enjoying the Hung Wei food comments, and buy everyone at the table round of beer.

He will wait till the evening meting and plan to go to the moon elves later on, after the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:46 am

The bartender looks to Tialon, Its two gold, all the rooms here are two gold. Joseph smiles and hands the man a crude metal key, Number three. He hands you a key, and a small parchment, crumbled into a wad. Joseph goes to whiping down some stools further down the bar.
Spoiler:

Hung Wei finds the supplies he needs at Jens farm food just around the corner from the Dragoon. It seems most of the town is starting to settle in for the night when he exits the store (about 8:30 now).

Radour, while sitting with the old lady at her small fruit stand, does see quite a few drow roam around the streets of Wheloon. But its nearly impossible to tell if their the same ones from the Dragoon. They pay the bard no attention though. A few moon elves stroll about as well, although none leave the house, four more do go inside.
When Radour asks Joseph about performing this night, Joseph frowns, Although I did hear of your performance earlier today, we are putting a cap on things early tonight, my friend is feeling rather blue and I must attend to him. Sorry about the inconvience.
As the man goes to pick up a piece of trash, he drops something as well. But walks away, leaving it on the floor, under a chair, out of site.
Spoiler:

As it turns dark outside, Joseph clears his throat. Ok, we'll be closing now everyone, to your rooms or out. I have buisness to attend to !

A few humans, who have came in over the last few hours, get up and leave. Angelina leaves as well, followed by Joseph.

Leaving Severain sitting at a table alone.

(Im assuming Hung Wei returns)

Urik, clad in his usual black and brown robes, the amulete still dangling on his chest and the other dwarf, the same one from the tavern, wearing the same robes as Urik without the mediallon, walk through the door. Urik nods as he sees your group assembled. He walks into the tavern, he turns and locks the swinging door behind him, two simple wooden beams lying acrossed it. Urik takes you directly to Room #5. The door opens silently, inside you see Tunaster and a halfling sitting at a round table, only two other chairs are empty. A bed, book shelf and small end table are the only other furnishings of the room. Its quite obvious the cleric has spent some time here. His worn robes, books and parchment litter the room, the impression that he is untidy would not be a false one.

Tunaster nods, and smiles Introduce yourselves, and take a seat... errr, gather round, hehe.

Urik is the next to speak, Im a cleric of St. Cuthbert, this is Gurmen. He doesn't talk much, a monk of my temple, some many days travel east of here. The two dwarves stand on opposite sides of the door, effectivly guarding it from anyone who tries to enter.

The halfling is the next to speak, Regwal Helpings. Been helping Tunaster for a time now, having had my suspicions from the begining of construction of the temple. I've lived here in Wheloon my entire life. My family owns a small goods shop, a few city blocks from the temple, been keeping a close eye on the place. Or as close as I can. Although Im no merchant, I've been a sellsword for a time. Protecting caravans, and when there is no work, I offer my services free to anyone bringing goods to my family's shop. If you need anything, go to "Goods for Helping" say, "Regwal's best" while talking to my mother, and they just might give you a discount!

The halfling is clad in a hide armor, dyed blue. His hair is dark brown, with a short guotee. His eyes match, his nose a bit pointy. He stands just under four feet tall, and smaller than normal great sword and metal sheild are strapped to his back. A few arrows can be seen sticking out above the shield. An axe on one hip, a quiver of arrows on the other. The halfling is obviously prepared for war.

After the two talk, Tunaster looks at everyone, Where to begin...

OOC:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:54 pm

IC Krendell says to the barkeep "Here is your 2 sp. I'm looking for action. Know anyone who needs some muscle?"
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:39 pm

R. picks up the key left by Joseph and thinks: nice guy, won't earn a lot of money though, if he keeps giving away his rooms for free. Perhaps he doesn't like these drow around either.

He goes up with Urik and the others and introduces himself:
I am Radour, a lover of the eldar culture which was destroyed in the most beastly manner by drow and duergar in a distant past. People can't fathom how much was lost in the ancient days of destruction. I and my father are trying to retrieve some of the culture of the eldar, so we travel wide and far. I especially like their poems and epic tales, as I am a bard.
But I am also looking for a job, and investigating that temple seems right to me. I don't trust these drow for one inch, I say that for now they are guilty until proven innocent.
I would like to know what you've discoverd Tunaster.
This afternoon I followed two cloaked figures, moon elves they were, as they were pursuing the three drow from this tavern. The drow fled to their temple, the two moon elves entered a house at the other side of the bridge.
Later I've seen more drow at the marketplace. I have also seen 4 more moon elves enter the same house as the other two. I have not seen anyone exit
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:41 am

Tialon finds it odd when his two gold are returned, but he is never one to question good luck to deeply. In his room he cleans up as well as he can before resting for several hours. He spends the rest of the time before the meeting attempting to go over and order the notes he has on the drow. No information that is truly helpful, but he figures that he might be discovering quite a bit of information very soon and doesn't want to fall too far behind on keeping his notes and consolidate report well organized.

He comes down from his room at about 11:00, wanting to be sure he isn't late. The dirt has been cleaned from his face and it looks like he dusted his clothes off as well as he could. He follows Urik into room 5 and listens to the various introductions.

I am Tialon Killendare. I was born in Arch Wood near the border of Cormanthor. I have lived in the city of Evernska since the great retreat. I am on a trip to research the recent actions of the drow as there are elves who wish to keep at least one eye on them. I have not discovered much as of yet, but I hope looking into this temple will add a bit to any report I might make.

OOC: I didn't think about it before but Knowledge Local(The Dalelands) roll for any information I may know or have in my notes.
Spoiler:

Last edited by drizzt380 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:13 am

Joseph, beofre closing down the Inn for the night, reply's to the half orc The notes. Read them, He points to a post next to the bar.

On a post next to the bar there are several notes tacked to the wood. Rumors, Adventure and payment! Seek the Blue capped man .... New Tilverton murders! Need detectives, see Boyrin .... Workers needed, Help rebuild New Tilverton, good pay! See Tholl .... Orcs in Swamp, killing merchants, raiding trading caravans. To help Wheloon see Tholl

Other than that, you might try talking to one of the elves or humans who are staying here tonight.

----------------------
Later:

Tunaster smiles as two elves introduce themselves, Its nice to know two elves from Cormanthor are helping out. That brightens my hope that we will figure this out.
He waits for the rest of the party to speak before going on.

OOC/IC: Tialon Knowledge
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks to you barkeep. I can't read. What does it say?
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:14 am

To the half - orc while getting up and going to the meeting: "it says - Rumors, Adventure and payment! Seek the Blue capped man .... New Tilverton murders! Need detectives, see Boyrin ....

we're off to some meeting but if you interested in any of this contact us, guess the prize will be good, and there is always a need for extra muscle."

winks at the Joseph and proceeds to the room.

After all the introductions, listens intensively and carefully trying to evaluate the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   

Back to top Go down

The Dragoon: Day 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next