RPG game
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

 AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

 check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

 as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

 This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

 your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

 other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

 on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

 continueing that game any longer.

 

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....


Share | 
 

 The Dragoon: Day 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 58
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:03 am

Krondell says to Serverian. "I'm contacting you now. Do you need muscle or not?"
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 am

"I might. come with me to the meeting and listen for yourself, I'm not the one who pays, just wanted to help... unless, of course, you have more important things to do."

...and then goes to the meeting...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:32 am

OOC: Assume Krondell followed into the room with the others after speaking with Serverian.

After everyone introduces themselves, and Tunaster sees that this group may actually be of some use. The man folds up the maps and notes he has sprawled out over the table.

Tunaster sits quietly back in his seat, I followed Al`Ertu to the Vast Swamp,after I overheard him talking about a meeting, with dreaded ally's, but ally's nonetheless. I followed as far as I could into the swamp, to a deserted shrine. He opened a hatch beneath a silver altar. I tried as hard as I could, but couldn't get the hatch open. I suspect a sort of command word is needed, but Im not positive.

Al'Ertu is a drow, and has presented himself to be a higher ranking priest in the Mystra Temple. Now what buisness would he have in the Vast Swamp? That is one of the first things I want you guys to find out. The man sighs and pauses for a long moment, Im afraid I have no more information. I konw the temple gates are open all day long, they hold a sermon everynight around nine'o'clock. The public is welcomed to attend. I havn't, since they chased me out after my intial visit. Although I think attending might give us a few clues, I believe Al`Ertu and his Swamp visits are a bit more important.

The halfling pipes up, What about the Tilverton murders? What about the drow settlement in Forest Thunder, its pretty close to the Vast Swamp...

Possibly related, although there is no proof and no leads to follow. Ok... here is what I want you guys to do. Visit a seromn at the Mystra temple, Follow Al`Ertu to the Vast Swamp, he is a Drow, wears blue robes that look just like mine. But, his hair is short, cropped close to his ebony skull. Easily picked out from the other long haired drow around here. From what rumors I've heard, he should be heading there sometime tommorow. So, you may want to put the sermon on hold and attend one in the days to come.

He peers at the misfit party, waiting for reply's, questions and any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 58
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 17 HP 19/19   Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 am

What's the deal here? I don't mind sneaking around peaking at elves but what's in it for me?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:01 am

Tunaster frowns, and stands. The man walks over to the half orc, glancing at the elves in the room, the looks to Krendell with all the seriousness of an exicutioneer. These drow are far from elves my friend. A drow is a powerful creature by nature, and a Wicked creature at that. Innate abilities let them levitate, cast a globe of darkness that would follow you, making you blind for days. That is the first thing you need to understand, Drow are not to be underestimated.

He backs up from the half orc and sighs. As to your question, I've no gold or trinkets to offer you. The reward would be ridding Wheloon of these evil imposters, and doing the God of Magic herself a favor. Which could be rewarding in the future, but not by me. He waves his open hand at Urik and Gurmen, These two, as well as I, are but simple clerics and a monk of our respective orders. We seek the good and health of others above useless riches and baubles. A small smile spreads across the clerics lips, Although Tholl and the other man may be rewarding for their ventures, mine is for the good willed people who seek more than material gains.

OOC: CBSoth:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 30
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:29 am

Helping out for the future is always a good plan however, I ask that if we come across any items/gold while investigating that their owners can't use anymore due to death or another circumstance we get to devide as we see fit. Is that alright with you three? Giving the monk, and 2 clerics glances.

Turning to the group, Hung Wei says Those that disagree with this can find themselves another job. I know this isn't a lot of money right now however I, myself, need to get a reputation before I can ask for money before I do a job. So I am going to go do this, for the town, for myself, and for these people.

Turning to the cleric Do you know what time, Al'Ertu will be going to the hatch? Or should we post watches for when he does move we follow him? Is it during the day or during the evening that he normally goes, or do you not know?

Upon hearing the answers from the cleric, Hung Wei will turn to "his" group We might as well rest while we can. We don't have much time before the dawn rises in the morning, and we have a lot to prepare for tomorrow. Since we don't have a clue what we will find out when we go into the hatch tomorrow. Plan to be in battle, so if you need to polish your armor or weapons do so tonight. Lets meet at 1 hour after dawn in front of the inn. Just curious what can people contribute to the group? I just think we should know what each other are going to be doing in battle before we go into battle. I will use my Wushu training to help stun and disable the opponents.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 am

The halfing jumps up, Hey, Im going to! He waves his hands franticly about as Hung turns around, showing his back to the little fighter, I hack-n-slash and Beat-n-Bust! Im from this lovly town, to think of the Drow taking over, I can't have that. I'll be along for free though. Saving my towns reputation is enough for me!


Tunaster nods and the monks request to keep what ever they find Good enough for me, the stuff isn't mine to say you can keep though. So, if the purple dragons come after you, I have nothing to do with it. We are not above the law my friend, remember that.
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Radour answers: My music can be a morale-booster during combat, though not everybody believes in this effect. But I know that battles have been decided because one side was having bardic music while the others were not. Perhaps we can vote for a favorite song, so that the morale effect will be maximized.
Once it has begun, I can, while singing, still fight with my weapons, bow and sword.
Moreover, I can put people to sleep a few times per day, or use my spells to cure the wounded.
I can also use my performing arts to fascinate a single creature for about a minute maximum, so that he doesn't do anything but watch and listen to me.
And of course, I have some other minor tricks which might be useful against the drow, depending on the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 30
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:04 am

Turning to the halfing, Hung Wei says Welcome aboard.

When he hears of Radours uses, Hung Wei ponders for a second and says I think the best thing right now is for you to use your music to inspire us then to use your bow and arrow to attack from the rear.
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:56 am

I guess the Vast Swamp is a dangerous place?

Is this Drow . . . Al`Ertu, known to be powerful?

And how can we stay unnoticed while following him? I could use the cower of shadows to keep me hidden but the rest of the party should be a Little further away following me so he does not notice. I know some Undercommon so I might understand the command word. Let's make it clear you want us to find out his intentions and, as you say 'business' in that swamp.
Then, I guess we should keep hidden and try to steal this command word from him and then enter this shrine later after he leaves it. If someone has a better idea i' d be, oh, just too happy to hear it!


Now about my abilities I'm quite skillful in hiding, searching for traps, getting into places people want to keep me out of, and getting out of the places people want to keep me in, and can bury a blade when least expected.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 30
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:41 am

I think that is a good idea. I myself am also good at hiding so we both can get close. I may not understand what he says for the command word but if you somehow don't hear it I may be the one that does. What do you think? With the last words, Hung Wei will turn to Severian.

To the rest of the group, This plan of having 1-2 people sneak behind the guy while the rest of you guys are a back a little ways probably will hold the most merit. If any of you guys have any other plans lets hear them now otherwise we need to rest for the expected battle tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:35 am

To Hung Wei: "Yes it might be best if there are two of us, considering you have the ability to follow him unnoticed, four ears hear better then two. And the language may not be of importance, it might just be enough to remember the exact pronunciation."

He smiles, the relief of not going alone directly after one Drow is too obvious,
just hope there will be no battles..."
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-09-23

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:18 am

"I do not know how well I would be able to sneak. I've never had a reason to. But I do think following Al'Ertu first is a good plan. No need to waste a day waiting for a sermon first. Probably not much help from it since its prepared for the public."

"As for my skills, they mostly lay in the realm of magic. I know a variety of minor cantrips which may be helpful, but my more complicated spells lie mostly in offense and a few in the realm of running away very quickly."
Tialon gives himself a little half smile at the last part.

"I also dabble in quite a few other areas. Linguistics, alchemy, study of magical items. Even a bit of lockpicking as a little diversion. Nice way to learn how to keep your hand steady before you start pouring two volatile chemicals into one another. I will be sure to prepare a few spells that might help opening a magically shut portal."
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:44 am

Radour: "Okay, I have got a key to room 2, so if anybody is looking for a place to sleep, I am willing to share it with you. Don't know how many beds there are, if any, but I can sleep on my bedroll as well.
I think it is a marvelous plan, and if necessary I can move stealthily too. For my inspiring song, I think I have to be within 90 feet, so I shall not be too far behind. Have a nice dream and restful sleep, at least those of you who do sleep. Happy trance to the others.
"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Tunaster looks grim as the question of Al`Ertu's power comes up, Im not sure how powerful he is, or if he's even a real priest. But the fact that he travels through the Vast Swamp, a very dangerous place, alone proves he is probably formidable, or has the right friends. I wasn't close enough to hear him speak, so I couldn't even begin to help with the command word. Good luck.

With that, the party departs to their rooms for the night, waking up the next morning, just before dawn, to a loud banging on your door. Regwald shouts, Early rise we get the prize! Wake up! wake up! WAKE UP!

He then makes his way to a table, in the still empty Dragoon. Joseph greets each person as they walk out of the corridor leading to the bedrooms, and Angelina asks everyone A small breakfast is on the house, take a seat, it will be out shortly.

Everything seems planned, as if the Dragoon has some part in Tunasters plot as well. A sign on the door is posted, saying Closed until mid-day, minor repairs. Live bardic show tonight! One gold a head!
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 30
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Before Regwald loudly bangs at the door, Hung Wei will open the door to the human. Hello Regwald, I was wondering when someone was going to do that to the other members of this group. How was your night? Hung Wei is fully clothed in fresh robes for the day.

Hung Wei then walks out of the corridor and spying Joseph, Hello Joseph. It isn't even dawn and yet you guys wake up everyone in this fashion. I wonder what is going on. He gives a Joseph an handshake and moves down to the main area.

Upon entering the area, Hung Wei spots the sign and goes to it and reads what is posted on the sign. Finishing he turns to Angelina Why are you closing the Inn for the morning? I see no repairs that you are posting on the sign however the breakfast would be appreciated. I wonder when I finish with this job, if I can meet the cook so we can discuss some things.

Hung Wei will sit and wait for the other members of "his" party to come down and show themselves for their breakfast. The day is long however they have a lot to cover before the night is upon them. Hopefully the day will bring no bloodshed but based on the information, he has been given, he doubts his wish for the day will be granted. Upon seeing his party, he is reminded of the reason he left his home. Thinking When will the time be that I will be able to find the culprits. Remember revenge is never the way. Hung Wei takes 5 slow deep breaths and refreshes himself for the day ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 58
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 17 hp 19/19   Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Krendell thumps down the stairs. Smiling crookedly he says "Good morning to you Hung Wei. Maybe we'll do some head thumping today? Where's the grub?"
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 pm

Radour will meditate for about 15 minutes to regain his spell power for the day,
dress in his clothes and armor, put on the buckler, and take all his possessions downstairs,
ready to depart, when he notices the breakfast laid out. So he puts his backpack down again, greets the others (Hi partners, may the sun shine on your faces, today ),
looks questioningly at the heavily breathing Hung Wei
(Is there something wrong my friend?),
sits down and eat his breakfast while conversing with the others.
It seems Radour is really looking forward to discovering a secret shrine in a dangerous place,
for he is heard whistling a merry tune. After a quick breakfast, he refills his waterskin and makes a quick dash to the marketplace to buy a few food items (OOC: see buying thread). Then he returns to the group.
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:23 am

Severian coming down late: "what? am i the last?"
runs past the table snatching some ham, bacon and some bread: 'I'll be in the street watching the whereabouts of short haired drow, when I see him I'm coming for you and we're off to the Vast Swamp after him.'

goes to the market, arguing and protesting loudly for the price of every single thing he buys! (ooc Buy/sell)

Then lingers around the temple till he sees Al'Ertu. after being sure of his directions, he'll alert the party.
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-09-23

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 am

Tialon sleeps through most of the night, but wakes up about an hour before dawn as he had rested for several hours already before the meeting last night. He spends that time quickly writing down the information provided by Tunaster and deciding on which spells to learn for the day, settling on Read and Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, burning hands, and doubling up on magic missile. Tialon hears the halfling knocking on his door and yelling for him to wake up but attempts to block it out as he finishes memorizing the spells he has chosen.

Tialon gathers his items, double-checking to be sure he has everything, before going downstairs. Upon seeing the food laid out, he sits down to eat with the others "A fresh and hot breakfast. One of the best ways to start the day isn't it?"

While waiting for Severian to return with news, he will spend his time performing "magic" tricks for people outside using sleight of hand and prestidigitation. He does this mostly because he finds it relaxing, but he is not averse to taking donations who enjoy the show.


OOC:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:57 am

Joseph quickly explains his sign, We have closed down until you all leave, giving you privacy, for reasons MR. Tunaster said were his own. Me and Angelina will be in the kitchen, please let us know when you leave.

Tialon goes outside and does begining magic tricks, impressing some of the youth in the town, who give small donations (8cp) but like the show nontheless.

Severain strolls down to the market, figureing out the best places and prices to get his supplies. He also, watches for the short haired drow, three hours past with no sign of the odd dark elf.

The halfling, Regwald, eats his fill, and enough for two or three dwarves as well! After which he makes sure all his weapons and belongings are secured. Im outside, to watch for Al`Ertu. I'll alert you all if I see him. We probably won't have to wait long, but who knows really.

Three hours pass, with no sign of Al` Ertu. (The same 3 hours that passed for Severain)

Joseph comes out of the kitchen, and sighs loudly. Im sorry to say, but your privacy has been interrupted, Im opening the the Tavern now, so talk amongst yourselves...

Joseph strolls over to the door, takes of the sign and before he makes it back to the bar a crowd begins to pour in. Many dwarves, a couple elves, a halfling and a oreiantle man all walk through the door.

The dwarves and the foriegner begin a game of dice in the far corner. The two elves have seats at the bar, and the halfling strikes up a conversation with Angelina.
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 30
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:29 am

We should get going now. The day is wasting right now.

With that, Hung Wei will go out and go to the place that the Drow will walk toward and try to hide there and keep watch of the location. Hung Wei will sit patiently while thinking of his old temple and wait for this drow to walk so they can follow the drow to the location of the hole and hopefully hear the secret word to get in the doorway.

Stealth
Random number (9,28) :
12


Last edited by rldouglass on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Entrando de Carlos, I

The late morning sun streams through the tavern windows. In a shadowed corner, a mixed company of mostly dwarves are sharing fresh bread, cheese, and weak ale, throwing dice for small bets and laughs before going about the afternoon's business. The wooden cup is passed, the small rowdy bunch starts chanting. A young man slowly rises from the table and sets down a lopsided, poorly blown bottle. With a sheepish grin, he scoops up a handful of dice and drops them into the cup.

He is an Oriental human, with bronze skin, dark slanted eyes, and shoulder length black hair. Oddly, he's dressed in contemporary Faerun fashion. His clothes have the stylish cut of a nobleman's garb, but with a more relaxed fit and none of the fancy trims or jewelry. He could be a wealthy peasant, a free immigrant, or a soldier. His doublet and breeches are sturdy wool dyed indigo or navy, with simple trim and edging in scarlet. The sleeves are worn open, and hang freely at his sides, exposing the plain undyed linen shirt underneath. Faded crimson knit hose disappear into stout rider's boots, worn fashionably slouched. A wide-brimmed cavalier hat, similar to the ones worn by Amn's arcabuceros, sits on the table in front of him, often blamed in jest by the other players for their bad rolls. A shift of the leg and a glint of steel, this man wears an espada ropera, a gentleman's rapier, on his side.

He caps one end of the cup with a hand and shakes it vigorously, slowly raising it over his head as he does. He pauses until the chanting dies down, and in overly dramatic fashion, winds his shoulders and slams the cup on the table, eliciting a chuckle from his companions. With an exaggerated look of apprehension, he slowly lifts the cup....

Shouts of elation and dissapointment rise from the half-dozen gamblers as the dice are revealed. The foreigner wags a finger at the dwarves, and gesticulates wildly as he speaks excitedly with the rhotic accent of Amn. "You men are robbing me blind. Robbing me blind! With my eyes wide open and my full consent, of course, but somewhere, somewhere, I know there is a holy law that says this is unfair." He mutters, barely under his breath, "Greedy dwarves."

"Don't be sore, Carlos," said the dwarf who was raking in the small pile of coins. "One more shoot?"

"No, that's it for me," Carlos replied. "That's the last of my gold. I'm a pauper now." He slips on a sleeved leather jerkin with metal strips on the sleeves, puts on his hat, and lifts a heavy backpack off the floor and shoulders it. He looks ready for an extended war campaign. Everything is rolled, coiled, packed, stacked, buckled, buttoned, strapped, wrapped, laced, braced, folded, tied, or otherwise neatly stowed in or on the pack. The most visible items attached to the outside of the pack are a bow, a lantern, a coil of rope, and a bedroll. He starts to head out.


Last edited by chevy on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Entrando de Carlos, II

"Where are you off to now, lad?" a silver-haired dwarf called after him.

"Wherever The Maker takes me." Carlos shrugged, apparently unconcerned with his imminent poverty. "There's always someone who needs a good sword arm. Always some dishonest merchant who needs some encouragement to change his ways, an unfaithful husband who needs to be poked himself, a caravan that needs protection."

"I'll hire you to kill my wife!"

"Ah, assassination. I normally charge triple for women, but I've seen your wife. I'll give you a discount." His retort was met with laughter.

"Here, pauper," the silvery haired one called out. "Take a bottle for the road." He tossed a bottle, Carlos turned and caught it with one hand.

"Gracias." Carlos fished a silver piece out of his pouch with his free hand and flicked it at the dwarf. He caught it in both hands, flipped it over a few times and tossed it back. "Bottle's on me."

The foreigner opened his hand. The silver had been switched for a gold piece. "Come now," he said, "I don't want your charity." He readied to toss it back when the elder dwarf raised his finger.

"It's a gift, from a friend."

"For a friend, I accept. Though it pains me to take this from you," he said as he was putting the coin into his pouch. "Farewell, then." He tips his hat to the table, and a few dwarves raise their mugs to him and wish him a good journey.

As Carlos pivots to face the door again, his pack knocks into a stranger. "My apologies," he offers, while steadying the stranger's shoulders with his hands. "Are you alright?"

OOC: Who volunteers to bump into Carlos? Is there a newfound kinship? Does your character take offense? Does this degenerate into a Maztican standoff?

OOC II: Sorry if the last two posts were long, they were just an introduction, and Carlos is a larger-than-life kind of guy. I promise, I won't be writing more than two or three paragraphs at a time in future rounds.


Last edited by chevy on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 30
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:30 pm

OCC: if you want a description of Hung Wei look at the beginning where we posted our introductions. If not, Hung Wei is approximately 5'6" however weighing around 225 lbs.

As Hung Wei is bumped leaving the bar, he turns and faces another Oriental man. He was just about the lave when the guy's pack hits him on the side. Looking to the guy, Hung Wei replies to the man's questions saying Yes I am alright. No need to help me balance. I am fine right now. I'm Hung Wei. May I know who you are, sir? You know you should watch where your step in the first place. You could have knocked someone that is smaller than I am. You couldn't knock me off balance with that backpack of yours.


Last edited by rldouglass on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   

Back to top Go down
 
The Dragoon: Day 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How is Dragoon not a moderator?
» catnip nekomata recherche un rooster. monk/dragoon/white mage

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiders web :: New Nations Campaign :: New Nations Campaign-
Jump to: