RPG game
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

 AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

 check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

 as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

 This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

 your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

 other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

 on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

 continueing that game any longer.

 

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....


Share | 
 

 The Dragoon: Day 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:20 am

And, yes, stealth roll:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:16 am

Regwald blushes, The growls were my stomach. Ima big eater! He says this as he fishes a half-loaf of bread out of his pack, then bites into it hungrly.

Radour:
Spoiler:
 

Carlos:
Spoiler:
 


Severian:
Spoiler:
 

Tialon:
Spoiler:
 


Regwald peers at the ruins' himself, See the smoke? I'd bet some one is camping there... Avoid or confront? that is the question.

Its also obvious that Al`Ertu went straight for the ruins, hoove prints lead into the small vally below and up the next hill, going mere feet around the ruins.
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-09-23

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:42 am

A look of foolishness passes over Tialon's face as he realizes where the growling came from, and his hand slips of the hilt of his rapier and back to his side.

"I've heard of this place. Its called 'The Unknown Shrine'. I've heard it used as a meeting and resting place. It could be anyone there right now. I can make out a few shadows flitting about.....and I think I caught a few voices. They must be yelling to reach this far. Perhaps an argument?"


Concern creases his face as Regwald states their options:

"Avoid or confront, I think we need to get a look to see if Al'Ertu has stopped there. Even I can see the hoof prints. Perhaps some of our more stealthy companions can scout it out while the others wait back here for their opinions."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:47 am

This is a long way to wait for scouts, especially if there is any fighting. Maybe at the bottom of the hill, but I think waiting here is a bad idea. Although the idea of scouting is probably a good one. Regwald replys, inbetween his chopping and slurping sounds as he eats his bread and gurggles his waterskin.
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:46 pm

"I don't see that there should be a question," Carlos interjected. "Apparently, your leader thinks following this Al`Ertu fellow and learning what his associates are planning is important. I don't think you should allow yourselves to be distracted by a campfire and an argument." Carlos strained to listen for shouts and voices, but heard nothing.

"For my part, I'm very curious about this obviously false Mystran temple," he explained, revealing that he had already formed an opinion about the Drow's activities. "I'm going to press on after this Al`Ertu. Hopefully, I won't be going by myself. These ruins aren't in a hurry to go anywhere. If it was a really big argument, we can see the aftermath on our way back."

"I'll be very disappointed if there's nothing special about that temple," Carlos sighed. He shifted his pack, and strode ahead.
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:09 pm

S will try to sneak up and check out the ruins/camp. He would not want to see his party surprised by hidden creatures with hostile intentions.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 29
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:35 am

Hung Wei will also help spy this ruin area to see if one of us can see and hopefully not get caught.

Hung Wei moves gracefully through the forest during the whole time though by his stomach he shouldn't.

Stealth
Random number (9,28) :
18

Perception
Random number (10,29) :
28
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:07 am

OOC:
Spoiler:
 

Radour was still doubting whether to go to the ruin or to follow Carlos. He didn't see much sense in this detour, but perhaps it was lying on the way to the Vast Swamp. Anyway, when in doubt, follow the leader, he thinks.

Radour says: "Jolly good, our leader Hung Wei has decided, to the ruins it is. Hey, Carlos, follow us, let's not split up so early! I don't see the point of this excursion either, but we should follow the fearless leader at all times!
Now I can tell you this: a shady merchant of perhaps stolen goods once told me about this Unknown Shrine. He uses this place to trade with others of his kind. So if you want to buy some contraband, this is exactly the place to go. We might also spy upon some lovers exchanging bodily fluids here. Well, let's go and see!
"

Radour follows Hung Wei at the respectful distance of about 100 feet. He will not try to move silently nor hide, until they are within 1 mile of the ruins.
Then he will use stealth to get to within 200 feet of the ruins unnoticed (assuming Hung Wei has gone there before him).
stealth +7
Random number (8,27) :
25

Perception +2
Random number (3,22) :
11
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 am

Regwald shrugs his shoulders, Wasn't aware I was following orders He eyes Hung wei. Then brushes off the comment with little effort, continuing chomping down his bread. The Shrine is on the way to the Vast Swamp, we may as well take a quick peek. I'll follow you sneaky ones

Upon getting close to the ruined shrine its easy to spot the well dressed gnome and a similarly clothed human. Both males, they don't notice Severian or Hung Wei and they keep their argument.

If we shouldn't attack the creatures what should we do? Let them keep our goods? Do you know how much money we'd lose?
The gnome exclaims as the brim of his top hat shakes violently. A he leans on a small but thick cane. His clothes are well tailored black and white waist coat with black knee length breeches and white thigh high stockings. Simple black shoes with a gold buckle keep his feet from meeting the ground.

The human merely shrugs, Not much, didn't have alot in it to begin with! The humans hair is blond, he also is finely dressed. Straight legged brown breeches and a very nice white shirt. He wears a golden necklace and a shiny ring on each finger.

The gnome gives him a cold stare with his beady brown eyes, But the PROFIT! Think of the profit boy!


OOC:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 am

"If you think it's pointless, and I think it's pointless, maybe you should inform your leader before he wastes too much time," Carlos stated matter-of-factly. "I'm quite fond of contraband, but I remind you, I am penniless at the moment. Also, I'd rather be the one exchanging bodily fluids than watching someone."

"Still, we've got some way to go until we reach the ruins," Carlos continued casually, confident his voice wouldn't carry the distance. "I'll still be near you until then. And afterward as well, if your leader doesn't dally too much."

Regwald made a comment that caused Carlos some costernation. "So he's your leader," he motioned to Radour, "but not your leader," turning to Regwald. "Exactly how long have you known this man?"

The elf-minstrel and halfling moved ahead, leaving Carlos and the elf-peasant. "So..." Carlos said to Tialon in the awkward lull, "did you watch the fight last night?"



OOC:
Spoiler:
 

yes, everyone is now close enough to hear it. Unless you say you deliberatly veer off the Hooved path (Al`Ertu's trail) to avoid the Shrine, going a bit out of your way, you've passed right near it, and heard the argument. But the two arn't paying attention to their surroundings, arguing and not overly worried. ---DM---
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:05 pm

OOC:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer


Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 29
Location : San Antonio, TX

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Hung Wei will fall back to the group, and whispers We can pass these guys if we want and get going to the location and hopefully get to the place in time to hear the word to get in. However these guys probably have some information that we can gather. I think we should go forward and try to catch the drow right now. I know that these guys may come after us and attack us while we are fighting the drow but it is a risk that I will take. What is your guys opinion?
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:51 pm

"They're just a couple of merchants who got cheated," Carlos dismissed with a wave of the hand. "They've got no business with us. I know these types. We're in no danger from them, there's no profit in attacking us. Besides, they don't know we're here, or where we're going."

"I don't know if you heard me talking to your associates, but I also suggest we waste no time here. Our quarry is on horse. Unless he makes camp tonight and is a very late riser, we are not going to overtake him in time to overhear some secret word."

Secret meetings at old ruins, secret temples built by dark elves, secret entrances and secret words... now it's getting interesting, Carlos thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Radour whispers: "again I must agree with Carlos: the shady deals of these merchants are no business of ours. I have a little worry, however, that these 2 are slave-traders, who have captured and then lost a group of innocent children. What else would make a huge profit with very low cost?
I suggest we listen for 30 more seconds, because I find slave-traders absolutely repulsive.
"

Radour tries to remember anything about slave trade or perhaps trade in monster hatchlings (giant eagles, pegasi, etc.) in these parts, using his bardic knowledge (+4):
Random number (5,24) :
12
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:56 pm

"Could be anything, really," Carlos shrugged, preferring not to entertain such an awful possibility. "My father is a teamster for a carting guild. Sometimes he hauls barrels of sea fish bound for Anauroch. He doesn't go the whole way of course, he exchanges teams in Crimmor to cart the payment back. Those sun-mad fools don't pay in coins, they pay in gems!" Speaking in hushed tones, Carlos could only emote with his facial expression. His eyes bulged comically as he whispered emphatically, pantomiming a handful of gems - or a single enormous one - in nearly the same way one would mimic groping an impressive bosom.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:56 pm

Radour Knoledge:
Spoiler:
 

The two men continue their argument. The profit? Your worried about gold? If we try to kill the creatures and take our things back we could lose our lives! Forget the darned gold! The human says. The gnome reply's back, but his voice is to low to be heard by everyone.

Severian:
Spoiler:
 


OOC:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:18 am

It became obvious to Severian that his party is exposed so he rushed to speak before situation escalates:

"I'm sorry for we had no plans scaring you. We've noticed the smoke and wanted to check it out in case some monster or worse is about. I see you are no threat and sure as hell we are not one too, so we'll be on our way..."

diplomacy +6:
severian carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
18

"Just say, have you noticed a mounted sort haired Drow ridding in that direction?"

sense motive +4


severian carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
11
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:58 am

The gnome smiled at the polite introduction and gave a nod to to tall rogue in front of him. Nory Waycrocket, not hostile folk for sure. Just merchants with a small problem is all... My friend here;

Coobert Draft;

and I are merchants

with many rivals see?

As they began to finish each others sentences, it becomes clear that these two are quite smart, and know each other very well. The human man stands proudly, smiling from ear to ear; appatanly impressed with his own social stature.

We hide our goods in the tomb east a few miles of here, but recently there have been figures walking in and out of our hiding space.

The man taps his foot as his poster returns to normal and says, The short haird drow you were talking about..

Just passed not to long ago, asked us if we've seen any goblins or orcs about and went on

It appears as if these two are exactly who they say they are, and are being truthful, as far as they know.
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-09-23

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:55 am

Seeing Severian expose himself and deciding that Nory and Coobert seem trustworthy enough that he doesn't need to hide from them, Tialon moves forward to greet the two as well. Tialon gives a light bow and keeps his hand well away from his sword.

"Hello Messrs. Waycrocket and Draft. I am sorry to hear about your troubles with others encroaching on your hiding spaces. Unfortunately, we are following that drow who came by and I fear our conversation will have to be short. But, may I ask if you saw any drow entering your hiding places?"

Tialon looks around nervously for a moment then continues: "You haven't seen any goblins or orcs about have you?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 pm

They shake their heads in unison, No goblines

No orcs

Only drow,

the short haird one mostly

Could you possibly help us, on your way of course?

Yes, we can reward you if you could clear out the tomb ahead, so we migh get our goods Nory smiles at this comment, the thought that he just might be back in buisness soon enough envelopes his mind.



Regwald also comes up the hill, Nory, what are you doin here? Those fleece skins you sold mother went like hot cakes my friend. Were after the High Priest, Al`Ertu. I'll catch up with ye some other time it seems; so the drow have takin over your hiding place eh? You know what there doing there?

I sure dont, we've only been here since yesterday. About mid-day we found the tomb takin over,

so we made camp here. Trying to figure out what to do...
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:41 pm

The mention of reward piqued Carlos' interest. "I'm sure you've noticed," he interjected, "that the Drow we are pursuing is on horse, while we are on foot. I think most of us feel that's more pressing, but we can still evaluate the risk and benefit of assisting you." He took off his hat, revealing his Eastern features.

"Help us make an honest deal of this," he continued, appealing to their sense of integrity in business. "Disclose all of the relevant facts. How many have you observed using your cache as their personal lair? How well armed? What do you propose to offer in return for our assistance and in compensation for the risk of losing our quarry? I'm not interested in full disclosure about your business, but if that merchandise presents a danger in some way, you need to tell us that, also."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:53 am

Nory nodded and smiled Yes, the drow is on a horse, as I said, We saw him pass a few hours ago. As for our merchandise, I believe I've already told you of that as well. Animal skins, leather clothing, a few trinkets. Nothing of danger.

Coobert cuts in, predictably, The drow were armed, well two of them. Just swords is all, full blue cloaks as well. That is only since yesterday though. No telling how many, or what is inside...

Regwald adds his comments, So, a few drow. Some legit merchandise, whats in it for us? the halfling crosses his arms, taking the last bite from his bread.

twenty gold each, and of course anything in there that isn't ours. Coobert says, with certainty. Moving back to the fire, which is complete with a spit and roasting a rabbit, Coobert pokes at it a few times, then tajes the creature off, fully cooked. He then sets on a metal pot, If you hurry, you'll be back in time for tea!
Back to top Go down
http://spidersweb.forumotion.com
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : Thailand

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm

"Gentlemen, please excuse me for a moment." The lean swordsman ambled toward his traveling companions, and whispered. "Do you think this handful of gold is worth falling farther behind the Drow horseman? I would be lying if I said I'm not tempted to risk the delay now. It's more of a guarantee than 'keep what you find while spying on some dark elves'. I cannot do either alone, and I have agreed to help you, so I will accompany the larger force, if there is a division."

OOC @everyone:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Radour, half-elven bard   Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Radour comes out of hiding and walks the 200 ft. to the others,
singing about beautiful flowers and insects,
then he enters the ruin,
saying: "Ah, gentlemen, I'd like to earn those 20 gold as well,
as it would enable me to buy a noble's costume for my next performance.
If these invaders of the tomb (which reminds me of a play "the tomb raiders")
are indeed drow, they might be connected to the Mystra temple,
so I would suggest that we keep at least 1 of them alive for interrogation.
"
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 37
Location : Croatia

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:04 am

S. listens. he vagues the words of the merchants ...

to DM:
Spoiler:
 
... if the party decides to help them, he will do it without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Dragoon: Day 1   

Back to top Go down
 
The Dragoon: Day 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How is Dragoon not a moderator?
» catnip nekomata recherche un rooster. monk/dragoon/white mage
» Who are The Dragoon Brotherhood?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiders web :: New Nations Campaign :: New Nations Campaign-
Jump to: