Spiders web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG game

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

continueing that game any longer.

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....

Carlos: Human Swashbuckler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

Carlos: Human Swashbuckler Empty
PostSubject: Carlos: Human Swashbuckler   Carlos: Human Swashbuckler EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:57 am

Carlos del Sol
Player: Chevy

Male human Swashbuckler 0.75/Smartass 0.25

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 180 lbs
Eyes: Brown, narrow and slanted
Hair: Black, straight, shoulder-length
Skin: Bronze

Description:
Quote :

Carlos is a strikingly handsome Oriental man, peculiarly combining fine-boned features with a square jaw. He always seems to be in good spirits, with an ever-present mischievous gleam in his dark eyes. He has at least a dozen scars on his upper body and arms, but fortunately no blade or shot has marred his face - yet. In dress, he favors bold, stately colors like indigo, scarlet, goldenrod, and emerald, and dresses in as high fashion as he can get away with, pushing the limits of the sumptuary laws.

Basic stats:
Spoiler:

Feats, Skills, and Languages:
Spoiler:

Special abilities:
Spoiler:

Arms, Armor, and Equipment:
Spoiler:

Background:
Spoiler:

Revealed facts:
Spoiler:

Last edited by chevy on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:13 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected touch AC, minor edits for readability, updated revealed facts.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: Carlos: Human Swashbuckler   Carlos: Human Swashbuckler EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:21 am

What is Main- Gauche?

Looked for it on PFSRD but couldn't find it. Please explain, in detail if you don't mind. I under stand the 'knuckle bow' I assum its the rounded part on the Rapier's hilt.
Back to top Go down
https://spidersweb.forumotion.com
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Carlos: Human Swashbuckler   Carlos: Human Swashbuckler EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:54 am

It's a parrying blade, basically a dagger with the guard and quillons of a rapier. Main-gauche is French for "left hand", and it's a modern term applied to a historical weapon, like "hand-and-a-half sword" for what would have been considered an ordinary broadsword in period.

You can find an example here: http://www.swordsofhonor.com/sh2137.html

Edit: Florentine style (blade and dagger) in action http://www.swordacademy.com/weapons-rapier/rapier03.big.jpg
Bonus: Asian guy with rapier and main-gauche http://sanityisfortheweak.blogsome.com/2007/07/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Carlos: Human Swashbuckler   Carlos: Human Swashbuckler EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Ok, that works for me. Although this is not a 'modern' game. Most of the weaponary would be close to the medevil period. A dagger w/ Guard would be the D&D name for your weapon, I believe anyway, but the name can stay. No reason for it not to lol.

Did you get the stats from somewhere? It seems as those stats were printed or from a supplement...

Also, you need to post your intro soon. The group is trying to move on, I've stalled them as much as I can for now, but 4 of them are already outside the tavern. Make sure you make some sort of contact with one of the group IC..
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Carlos: Human Swashbuckler   Carlos: Human Swashbuckler EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Of course it's not a 'modern' game, but weapons are still called by 'modern' names, like 'composite' bows, or 'longsword' for what was mostly referred simple as a sword or broadsword, or 'platemail' variously for plate armor or coats-of-plates, and the godawful 'splint mail' which never existed except as an occasional rushed improvisation. It's just convenient shorthand to use 'modern' terms for 'modern' players acting out medieval adventures, especially for those whose knowledge of things medieval come mostly from bad roleplaying game terminology.

Truth be told, I would rather call it a "parrying dagger" since it's closer to what it would have been called in period. I guess I was trying so hard to avoid being anal about terminology (I was a historical recreator when I was still living in the States and I know I can be a fairly uncompromising about period things*) that I favored the modern name over the much more obvious one.

I recalled the stats mostly from memory, from Swashbuckling Adventures, the d20 version of 7th Sea. I probably underpowered it a little, but I'd rather err on the conservative side.

*Not THAT kind of period, you nut!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Carlos: Human Swashbuckler   Carlos: Human Swashbuckler EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Wow, thats interesting really. I do believe we will be PMing alot! lol

I see the change, but I see your point as well, if you wish to call it its modern name, go ahead, I didn't know that you had it already. I thought (what ever you called it, can't quite member how it was spelled) was its name back then. The stats seem fine with me, I was just curious.

Anyways, all is good. I like the way your playing and Im glad you joined. BTW, past/present tense isn't that big of a deal, just know that what you say is happening at that moment, no matter the 'tense' you type it in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlos: Human Swashbuckler   Carlos: Human Swashbuckler Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlos: Human Swashbuckler
Page 1 of 1