Spiders web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG game

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

continueing that game any longer.

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....

Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DM
Admin
DM

Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Name Tialon Killendare
Rep: Drizzt380
Elf Wizard
Age-142
Height-6'4'' Weight-136

Ability scores & combat stats
Spoiler:

Languages
Spoiler:

Spells Known (in spell book)
Spoiler:

Proficiencys
Proficient with club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, quarterstaff, longbows, longswords, rapiers, and shortbows

Feats
Spoiler:
Special Abilities
Spoiler:

Class Traits
Spoiler:

Racial Traits
Spoiler:

Skills
Spoiler:

Equipment
Spoiler:
Background:
Spoiler:

Physical Description:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:32 am

Ok, you skills need edited as well, I'd do it myself but the way you have it setup I can't tell what you have ranks in and what you don't.

Each rank gives a +3 to a class skill and +1 to a non-class skill. The actual 'rank' doesn't give a +1 bonus (like in 3.5).

SO; as an example, here is how perception would look for you with one rank.
Skill/ Rank/abi/race/total
Perception-1: 3+0+2=5

a wizard gets 2+int mod, so you should have 7 skill points.
Back to top Go down
https://spidersweb.forumotion.com
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 am

From the Paizo Website:

"Each skill rank grants a +1 bonus on checks made using that skill. When you make a skill check, you roll 1d20 and then add your ranks and the appropriate ability score modifier to the result of this check. If the skill you're using is a class skill (and you have invested ranks into that skill), you gain a +3 bonus on the check. "

That reads to me as, you get a +1 bonus per rank and if I am using a class skill with any ranks in it, I get an additional +3 bonus. This actually makes class skills in line with regular D&d where you can only have at most your level+3 ranks in a skill. This just gives you that +3 bonus on class skills base line instead of the at first level you get 4 times what you would normally get in skills. Also, they had this little chart.

Table: Skill Check Bonuses
Skill
Skill Check is Equal To*

Untrained
1d20 + ability modifier + racial modifier

Trained
1d20 + skill ranks + ability modifier + racial modifier

Trained Class Skill
1d20 + skill ranks + ability modifier + racial modifier + 3

* Armor check penalty applies to all Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks.

So really it would be for a class skill
Skill:Rank+abi+race+class skill(3)=total
Spellcraft:1+5+0+3=9

And for a non class skill
Skill:rank+abi+race=total
Disable Device: 1+5+0=6

All of this including the chart was at http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/usingSkills.html

Edit: My ranks are in Use Magic Device, Disable Device, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (local), Linguistics, Spellcraft, and Craft(Alchemy). I did forget my elven bonus to perception and after reading that knowledge(local) must include a specific area, I have been unable to change it to specify The Dalelands(which is where the Elven Court is included in).

Last edited by drizzt380 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:55 am

eerrrggg... This is what is killing me.... That is the final release. The SRD im using is from the Beta version... Ok, I\'ll fix the post in Skills thread. all is good then. Thanks for helping me clear that up.

As for you not being able to edit the sheet. Im going to take off the spoilers, you copy/paste the sheet into your own post. That way you can edit it in the future. I\'ll delet my post, so its not confusing or anything. Thanks!

Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:57 am

It seems that adding a period after a link will break it. The link now actually works.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:02 am

If you need to talk about anything, right now anyways, Im signed into the chatbox on the homepage, just doing maintence for the Spiders Web campaign, and keeping the homepage tab open, willing help you guys that get on today get your CS's straight.
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm just going to use this for my own notes, so I can edit them for notes to myself when appropriate.

Favored Class: Wizard

Spells Learned:
Change Acid Orb to Prestidigitation, Mage Armor to another learning of Magic Missile

Skills:
Perception-0+0+2=2(forgot elven racial)
Sleight of Hand-1+5=6(favored class skill)
Knowlege Local(The Dalelands)=1+5+3=9 I don't know why I put Chondalwood on my character sheet. The Dalelands is the area that the Arch Wood where my character is from is in. The Chondalwood is way to the south across a giant lake. My character hasn't even ever been there.

Money:15gp, 3sp, 3cp

Backstory: Change all instances of Elven Court to Arch Wood

Last edited by drizzt380 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:01 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 am

I'm sorry if I was mistaken, but I can't find anything about secret society of druids in the elven court. Also, I am assuming that we are using the 3.5 campaign setting since this system is 3.5ish. So the following excerpts I am referring to are from the 3.5 Forgotten Realms Campaign setting. Also, since its timeline ends at 1372 I am assuming it is around 1372. These are all that I see on the Elven Court in the Campaign setting.

Page 123, bottom right corner:

"Elven Court: The Court covered a wide area. Elves like living space, so they leave enough room to allow the creatures of the forest to pass naturally between elven tree-homes without feeling trapped in a city. The Court influenced the entire northwest quarter of Cormanthor, even if it was only to create a series of cunningly landscaped glades linked by beams of sunlight and miniature stepping-stone portals.

Even though the moon and sun elves of the Court dismantled their greatest structures during the Retreat, the shaped tree-homes of the former Elven Court still offer the most comfortable and defensible habitation in Cormanthor for surface drow, who have decades of practice dismantling elven defenses and overcoming green warders."

That 'even though the elves dismantled their greatest structures during the retreat' part made it sound like it was recently abandoned.

Page 271 Timeline:

"1344: Tears of Moonfall: Retreat of the elves from Cormanthor begins."

So I was assuming that the Elven Court in Cormanthor was abandoned about 30 years ago when the great retreat happened.

The players guide even lists Elven Court as a place elves can be from. I'm just not sure what the source is or where I should be refering to so my facts stay straight.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 am

ok, The current year is 1374.
BUT, i've made certain changes to the Elven Court history to fit my campaign.

Name: The leaves of the Forgotten Tree (FT for short).
It was founded in 1242 DR by the high druids Meko and Valla, who are moon elves.
Moon elves (silver elves) are not really elves but a subspecies of the ancient eldar, who founded the Elven Court in ancient times.
Meko and Valla gathered a group of 20 high elves (real elves, not eldar) and told them of the ancient culture at Elven Court,
as it existed until the "Dark Court Slaughter" (DCS for short) in -4400 DR.
The members of the FT were to live as a community at the location of the Elven Court,
and search for poems, stories, epic tales, art objects and magic items which date back to before the DCS.
Meko and Valla had other duties to attend to, so they could not be present at all times, but they helped to clear Elven Court of
the many monsters who had settled there. (There may be some monsters still deep underground, but not at the surface).
The ultimate goal was to recreate an elven civilization in the likeness of the ancient Elven Court.
This community had to be secret, because everything which is true and beautiful is opposed by evil beings.
There are three ranks in this society:
leaves: the workers,
branches: commanding officers,
trunks: 3 leading figures of the community: Meko, Valla and a female high elf called Plestosteia (a 7th level bard).
The names of the leaders are not used outside Elven Court, for secrecy. They are referred to as "the trunks".
Meko is the 'elm trunk', Valla is the 'hornbush trunk' and Plestosteia is the 'acting trunk'.

In the next 130 years this secret community flourished and gained more members, up to 280 in the present.
After searching Elven Court itself for a century, many members have now spread out
to search for remnants of this culture elsewhere. Fugitives may have taken a lot of their books and treasures with them as they fled after the DCS. About 160 members are living at Elven Court permanently, while the other 120 travel around and visit that village once per year and pay a kind of tithes to support it: 10% of their income they pay to the leaders of the FT. (Nobody checks how much they earn, they are supposed to be honest about this.) The permanent citizens are called 'oak leaves', the ones in the field 'maple leaves'.
The maple leaves can call upon each other if they are on to something important.
The more important the object searched, the more help they can summon.

This is the history of the FT society. Other than that the Elven Court has been deserted since 1242DR. Or as far as 'normal' people know. Tialon wouldn't know this information, but Im giving it to you to set your mind at rest. A select group of elves live in Elven Court. To everyone else, it is deserted and nothing but roaming monsters amid elvish ruins.
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 am

Changing to being from Arch Wood then. I think thats the best fit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:00 am

Ok, I know its not a huge deal. But Im planning on using what happens in these two campaigns and printing them out in a book form and acutally saving.

Im having all threads archived and such, of course I'll be making minor alterations, taking out OOC comments and things, but I think it will be a fun project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard   Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard Empty

Back to top Go down

Tialon Killendare: Elven Wizard
Page 1 of 1