Spiders web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG game

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

continueing that game any longer.

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....

Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1

Go down 
+3
Seveliss
cbsoth
DM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DM
Admin
DM

Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Teriwinkle helps Revooth recharge the sphere, wishes him all the best on his next adventures and invites him to come back afterwards, to learn and to teach in Crevisha's mage guild.

Dorik talks to the merchant, who says he can't fight himself, but he has two guards who can. These two guards are armed with bows and maces, and wear scale mail armor.
Dorik spends a day with his friends, drinking but also working on a mithril armor.
Seveliss talks to the scholar, who replies: you're mistaken about my purpose. I am not going to the dragon's lair, I am going to Dragon Port to study in the libraries and to question anybody who might know something about the dragon. It has been many years now since the dragon left, and it's lair has probably been robbed many times. I think I'll manage to find some of the earliest robbers who explored the lair. From such a person I'll hear whatever I need to know. I just want you to accompany me to Dragon Port, so that I can arrive safely in that interesting town.

At the end of day 1, the following has been accomplished:
sphere contains 1 invisibility sphere spell.
ring contains mirror image and magic missile spell.
Dorik has a brand-new mithril armor.

Please continue at new topic: day 2.
Back to top Go down
Seveliss
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer

Character sheet
Name: Seveliss
HP: 27
AC:: 17

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:27 am

Seveliss waves to his kinmen when Revooth leaves, Farwell, Revooth

He then turns back to Dorik. Since the human, Aubrey, isn't coming with us, I'd suggest Unard or Dorik taking his place as the rear guard with Ginoma. The elf awaits reactions from the group, then begins again.

I'll not drink ethier master dwarf, but rest well, I've been taught in the ways of a ranger and can pull my weight in combat. Taking his gaze to the king once again, I'll be retiring myself for the night, in the morning I'd like to speak to the merchant and the scholar. I suggest we all meet, a few hours after dawn, near the exit in the main chamber?

After hearing/seeing the reactions of everyone, Seveliss exits the throne room, goes to his appointed bedroom and prays to the Shalm (Obad-Hai), the God of Nature.

He sleeps restless this night, he wakes up, does his morning routine of stretches, prayers and exercises. He is at the entrance to Crevisha awaiting the rest of the party. Ready to go youglings?
Back to top Go down
Revooth (MPHoob)
Adventurer
Adventurer
Revooth (MPHoob)

Character sheet
Name: Revooth
HP: 12/12
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:57 am

Revooth seeks out Terwinkle, "My dear Terwinkle, can you afford me some privacy in a back room of your shop?, I am truly enamored by the atmosphere that surrounds you and your shop, I've some quick work to do? I need this sphere charged with the invisiblility that it offers myself and those around me upon inserting this fantastic rod, ISN'T IT GREAT???!!!! I'd be happy to compensate you in any reasonable way and thrilled at the idea of becoming a more contributing member of the community here. I and my friends are off on yet another assignment that will benefit different members of the community in different ways. King Roiken himself seems as interested in having us take care of the current list of tasks as he was the spider problem from last week"

If confirmed by Terwinkle then Revooth invites him, if it's appropriate to either learn and /or teach as he may see fit. If left alone then Revooth adds to the ring with some huffing and puffing and hand twirling and mumbling and singing and dancing,,KAZAM!! His ring of spell storing now contains a mirror image and magic missle.....

If Terwinkle joins Revooth then he slows down/speeds up, switches if Terwinkle REASONABLY suggests changes to his choice of storage.

Afterwards, Revooth drops by the bar to see if Dorik has left yet, if he hasn't then Revooth advises him to, "We need you to be alert and strong and WITHOUT HEADACHE tomorrow". Otherwise, Revooth retires for the night, waking early to feed and meditate with his partner Hawkeye, eats very VERY big for an elf and then hits the books for Acid Splash, Daze, Ray of Frost and Light (zero level spells); Disrupt Undead, Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Missle and Protection from Evil (1st level spells); and for 2nd level spells he'll put into his arsenal: Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray and Daze Monster.........then mustering with the others...."Top of the morning to ya'll.....Fine day for some new somethin, is it not????"
Back to top Go down
http://www.belcan.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:15 pm

ooc:
Spoiler:

Revooth nods and says Do as you wish little dwarf. I think we should leave on the morrow as well; I must meet with misses Teriwinkle about getting my sphere recharged. Put some spells into my ring, and then we can be on our way! I have no reason to drink with anyone Dorik, much better things to do with this elves time than spend money and headaches with tavern ale...

With that the elven wizard strokes his owl, whos perched on his shoulder, and walks out of the room. Heading to Teriwinkles magic shop.

OOC: -200gp to recharge the sphere; I'll have dad figure out which spells he'd like to put into the ring, since Fin is not with us any more. He said he will give up all gold/treasure for the Ring and Cloak, a bit of his share in the future if he should 'owe' the group anything.
Back to top Go down
https://spidersweb.forumotion.com
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 am

I will help these merchants however I only have one question and small request for you, is it important that we need to leave today for and if not, can we leave tomorrow? I want to work on some armor for the day and help a friend that is selling me some armor today. If that is alright, I will be here bright and early to guard the caravan to the town. Also, do you have any fighting abilities at all? And how many guards do you employ? What is the risk do you think that these 4 wagons of cloth will bring onto us?

Turning to the group especially to the elf We shall drink tonight. For one doesn't trust someone that won't drink with the other person. We should enjoy the evening as we see fit. For who knows what brings during the morning. Let us meet in about 9 hours. I agree with your idea for the walking order with me in front of the wagon yet near enough for a side ambush, elf.
Back to top Go down
Seveliss
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 am

A scholar going to an old dragons lair? Seveliss shakes his head, Not a smart choice, But the merchant could probably use our help. he looks to the king, Where can we find this merchant and scholar? We should talk with them before making any quick decisions. cough...cough.... Seveliss releases two very distrubing gag/coughs. After wheezing and sniffing, he raises a single hand I must apologize.. And takes a hard swallow. He limps over to the large table, and takes a seat. Still clearly thinking about a fair payment, How many miles from here to Dragon Post?

OOC: Seveliss should be used as a scout, ahead of the party 100 yards or so. The caravan should be have a guard for every 2 carts. Revooth should probably stay with the carts, in the middle of the party.

So; Marching Order; My suggestion at least.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:07 am

King Roiken: So we have a nice party here: Unard and Dorik, his clan-sister Ginoma, Revooth, Aubrey, Seveliss, Yorin, Erwillen with his 10 assistants. They will all go to Poisson.
May I introduce you to two other gentlemen who want to travel part of the way with you? First, there is a human scholar, who wants to go to Dragonport to investigate the disappearance of the old dragon. Second, there is a half-elven merchant with two guards, who would like to bring four carts full of clothes to Dragonport. They have both heard of the fiendish halflings who are a danger to travelers through the Valley. So they would like to travel with a strong group for protection. Would you be prepared to take them with you to Dragonport? You might even earn some extra money this way. But I leave that up to you.

OOC: Revooth, the sphere can hold 1 invisibility sphere spell, it will cost 200 gp to have it cast upon it. Visit the magic guild here in Crevisha.

OOC2: everybody: what reward will you ask for your protection? What will your marching order be when you leave Crevisha? 6 hours through tunnels going to the surface, then 3 days though forested areas. Who is in front? Is there somebody with the 'guests'? Who is behind?
Back to top Go down
Revooth (MPHoob)
Adventurer
Adventurer
Revooth (MPHoob)

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:06 pm

I will like to get the sphere charged with as much as I can afford and it will hold, maybe stock up on some jerky too.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Give me a few hours before I'm ready, i have to check with the blacksmiths here before I leave for a couple of items I would like. If they have them or if they can make them while I go and send it to me later.

Dorik turns to the King and bows My King, I will go and find out what is going on in this town and find out what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Seveliss
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:03 am

The old elf only smiles as Dorik pokes at his equipment, You'll see how well they work. In good time dwarf... In good time.

He offers a bow to Revooth, Yorin and the King. Thank you for letting me tag along, it will be a pleasure to be in the company of another of my kin as well. So, when shall we be leaving? Does anyone have anything they wish to do while still in the city? Myself, Im ready to depart right now if that should be the decision.
Back to top Go down
Revooth (MPHoob)
Adventurer
Adventurer
Revooth (MPHoob)

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:38 am

Seveliss, it'll be an honor to have you with us. And don't worry, you'll pull your weight, so to speak, matter of fact, I suspect you'll do so and then some. Actually that's the whole crew, what's left of us that is. No worries, everyone, I'm in too!! You shan't be rid of Revooth the Respectable until I have your complete respectful respect, er, well, til you have MINE!!

Yorin, it's a super opportunity and if the town is on the decline, then all the more reason to build!! Don't you see, it's a task, it's your destiny, Isis is speaking through these people and directly to you, thinks I...
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
severian

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:03 am

Unrad the Barbarian:

to Yorin and Ginoma: 'blast mi if I don't help yi girl! be glad to taste that gnomish food along da way. I hear you can make a decent meal out of stonez, that is the truth. them bird people better take bloody care, heh!
That temple of yourz will be a marvel when the dwarfz finish with it!'
finishes his lament with the bite at the nearest food. He screens the old elf quite unsatisfied with his arguing with the dwarf Dorik although some of his words did make sense to him.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:34 am

Ginoma is enthusiastic about going to Poisson.
She says: We gnomes rule the valley between the Heaven's Steps and Dragon Port. At least we used to do. Lately there have been some incursions by other short races. A fiendish kind of halflings now live in the forest. But I'll accompany you and I can point the way to gnomish settlements on the way.

Yorin says: Well, king Roiken, it seems there is a good opportunity to go to Poisson and start building my temple there. What about your promise? You would give me some help in building it, you said!

Roiken: Yes, I did and I shall! I have asked master builder Erwillen to build for you. He is taking 10 of his assistant builders with him. I have agreed with them that I will pay them for their work. They will build for you for a maximum of 17 weeks. You can discuss you building plans with master Erwillen.

Yorin: Thank you, King Roiken, I knew I could count on Your Highness. To the others , I'd say: let's go to Poisson, help me get there safely, and let's see if we can solve the problem of the birds and the nobles. I wouldn't like to have a temple in a town which is going down the drain, would I?

Yorin discusses her building plans in a side room with master Erwillen.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:55 pm

BONE AND WOOD?? You need metal weapon to fight effectively in this age. When was the last time you ventured out into the world. Don't you know no one uses bones anymore let alone wood. It's all steel, adamantine, mithril, etc. However at least you have a blade on you <i>elf</i>. This is the first time Dorik really notices the elf and looks at the equipment he has.
Back to top Go down
Seveliss
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Seveliss beams at the dwarf, Dorik I presume? I've heard much about you... As for my uses? Well, dwarf one of your nature could hardly follow an orc ten miles through a dense forest, forage food from the plants themselves? Build entire cities, without harming the enviorment in the slightest? Draw magics from nature herself? Fire an arrow with percise aim? He laughs and adds, I thought not. As for your mithiral obsession, I find the use of metals degrading. Although, he unsheaths his scimitar and holds it for Dorik to see, Im forced to protect myself, while bone and wood are effective, not nearly as well as this curved metal blade.

He says metal with obvious disgust. Upon looking though, one can see that the Scimitar is clearly the only piece of metal on his person. None in his armor, his arrows and spear are all fashioned with bone tips.

Although, I do agree with you. Is what the birds are doing really evil? It doesn't seem as such from the letter. Although if a city's citizens wish to remain lawless, and the birds are forcing a 'government' upon them, I'd guess it would be considered an evilish act. We'd need to see this first hand to make a better decision. Or at least, I would.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:11 pm

You are to lead us to the town. What other uses do you have elf? And what is the problem with making things out of the Mithril? It is a rare material that should be molded into armor to protect oneself. The metal will help defend you so you can continue knocking people's heads in order.

What is wrong with the birds? They want to build a courthouse to bring order to the city, shouldn't they be allowed to? These nobles want to have corruption still on their streets, that would be fine by me, however there are innocent people that are deciding they rather be a problem then be a solution. We should go to this town and find what is really going on and stop the corruption from spreading and if the birds are not trying to bring order we shall smash their skulls on the pavement with the help of my warhammer.
Lifting a large warhammer that shines when the light hits it. One look upon it, shows some runecrafts on the warhammer.

Dorik will bow to the King My liege I will go forward to this town and find out what is really going on? If the merchants are evil, I will not stop the bird people but probably will help the bird people bring order to the town once more. However if the bird people are doing anything evil and lying to the people about bringing order then I will kill all the bird people in the town and hopefully scare the others to leaving the place alone.
Back to top Go down
Seveliss
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:45 am

The old elf looks at the dwarf, and the sea fairing human. One anxious to tinker with the metal, the other wanting to kill off birds.. Hehe, What fun this shall be! With a smile Seveliss meets everyones gaze, I know all Im really needed for is to show you the way to Poisson, not that you couldn't find it on your own, but I want to ask a bit more.. The elder sighs, pushing a few strands of his greying hair behind his pointy ears, showing two silver earrings in each

I'm nearing the end of my days, even for an Elf. I've seen over five hundred winters my new friends. Thats along time...

He shifts his gaze to the ceiling, seeming to stare back into his own memories and then shakes his head after a few moments. I had meant to live out my days in a small cave, high up the slope of the Steps to Heaven. I was relaxed and peacful at first, but soon came the time when my old body wouldn't accept the fact. He smiles, and finishes I ask of you, to let me travel with you, until the end of my days or Im no longer able to pull my own weight.

After awaiting a response, he turns to the dwarf king, I"d be willing to honor these nobles requests. Although I do question their motives..
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
cbsoth

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 am

IC Aubrey says "I'm up for it. I can fly false colors for a while. I can mix with the sailors if necessary. Let's go bird-hunting!"

OOC Sorry about disappearing for a while.

IC Aubrey wants to identify the properties of his ogre sword.

The ogre's sword is just a Large Great Sword, nothing more, nothing less ---DM
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

PostSubject: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:08 am

Post here.

King Roiken again receives you into his hall,
he tells you that there is an important letter from Poisson.
You all know this about Poisson:
Spoiler:

The letter is from the 3 nobles of Poisson. It says that Yorin is welcome to build a temple in Poisson, at her own cost. Everyone may build there, as long as they don't hinder other citizens. Further, it asks for a powerful party of troubleshooters, offering them 200 gp per adventurer. Lately some strange creatures have arrived in Poisson, first two, then two more, and they are now with 6. They are some kind of large birds, 15 ft. tall, who speak common and infernal. First, they walked around the village and spoke to almost everybody about the life in Poisson. Then they hired the services of 20 builders in Poisson and they are now building a large hall, which they call "The Courthouse". It's almost complete.
There have been 2 incidents with small groups (4 and Cool of hardy citizens, who took offense at the birds' building. They were despatched very quickly by the birds. In the first case, 1 bird managed to kill 2 and knock the other 2 unconscious within a half minute. In the second case 3 were killed by one bird, when one of its mates helped to despatch the others, breaking their legs. The nobles are concerned that more birds will turn up and they don't want a real courthouse in Poisson. They want the group to determine where the birds come from (1), how the birds get to Poisson (2) and to find some way to ensure that no more birds are coming to Poisson (3). If they succeed, they can earn another 400 gp pp. by driving off the birds which are in Poisson. The letter stresses that the group should not enter the village as 'troubleshooters', but rather as miners or as merchants. The birds are not stupid and will certainly 'investigate' strangers.
If the group accepts the assignment, they should come to Poisson and present themselves to the nobles as if they are seeking employment in Poisson. The nobles live in the central keep in Poisson, which is called "Fort Freedom".

King Roiken reads all this information to you and asks for your reactions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1   Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crevisha to Dragon Port, day 1
Page 1 of 1