Spiders web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG game

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

continueing that game any longer.

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....

Player Introductions

Go down 
+3
rldouglass
drizzt380
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ginoma
HP: 19
AC:: 14

Player Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Im the dm of both campaigns. Im 20, 3 kids and a wife. My name is Marty, alot of people call me skizzie.

I enjoy D&D because it lets me escape the real life world for a time. The New Nations Campaign is my test for Pathfinder rules. Also my first DMing a forgotten realms setting. I hope it will be fun!
Back to top Go down
https://spidersweb.forumotion.com
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:20 pm

I'm playing Tialon. I'm 21 and my friends call me Duke.

I've been playing D&D a while now, and I've wanted to play a game with the streamlined Pathfinder rules since I ran into them. Forgotten REalms is also one of my favorite campaign settings, so its like the best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:29 am

I'll be playing Hung Wei. I'm also 21 however in a couple months going to turn 22, I'm called Bob.

I've started playing D&D when I was a freshman in highschool and enjoyed it due to the escape from real life it allows. I haven't played or know a lot of the Forgotten Realms Setting but willing to play.
Back to top Go down
severian
Town Guard
Town Guard
severian

Character sheet
Name: Severian Mantiss
HP: 12
AC:: 17 (+1 dodge)

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 am

I'm 29, from Croatia, Europe
work as a history teacher in an equivalence of your highschool

played a lot of rpg. my favorite would still be D&D Birthright and Dark Sun and Vampire TM.
Played FR from time to time but know the basics only...
I'll, also, use this post to apologize for all further spelling that you'll probably find hilarious.
glad to tag along....
Back to top Go down
drizzt380
Town Guard
Town Guard
drizzt380

Character sheet
Name: Tialon Killendare
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:02 pm

See, if I was my character I'd know what that amulet was because I remember crafting one onto one of my order of the stick rip offs for a different game. The coincidence gave me quite a laugh to myself.

I put your pic in a spoiler to save thread space ---DM
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:02 am

Interesting, really. Nice use of player vs character knowledge. I strive for people to understand the difference.
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
cbsoth

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
AC:: 17

PostSubject: Introducing Krondell Thramus half-orc barbarian   Player Introductions EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:18 am

Krondell Thramus
Male Arctic Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Chaotic Good
Representing Clif Sothoron
I put your CS in a spoiler to save thread space ---DM
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Ok, cbsoth. I had planned on keeping the player count at six (I have one more person coming very soon, I think.) But you are welcome to play! BUT. this is Pathfinder rules, your sheet needs to be reworked. The character creation thread in the New Nations OOC forum should help you out a bit, as well as the Skill confusion thread.

PM me with any questions, otherwise post the sheet in the character sheet thread. Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet
Name: Carlos
HP: 15/15
AC:: 17/18/19

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Holy crap! Most of you were still in diapers when I was playing my first character! And the DM might not have been born yet!

That's OK. By telling you that, you can roughly guess my age. I'll expect to be picked on in kind.

My name is Chevy, and I'm playing the devilishly handsome penniless rake Carlos. Up until 6 years ago, I was also in the Adrian Empire, which is similar to the more well known Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), but with a fair and transparent system of earning knighthood, and they use real steel weapons instead of rattan wasters. I've got a lot of practical knowledge regarding the medieval and renaissance periods in addition to two decades of gaming experience, so if you would like insight as to "how things are done" from a pre-industrial perspective, feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Ya, Im 20. Born jan/16/1989... My dad plays in the Spiders web campaign, so your not the only elder in the group! lol

BTW, if anyone is interested in joing that group, I have 2 openings, but I'd rather you picked up an existing character, actually many to choose from!

Dorik- Dwarf Fighter
Gully- Gnome Rogue
Ginoma- Gnome sorcerer/Rouge
Eruden- Dwarf Cleric (dead atm, but will be revived soon)
Unard- Dwarf Barbarian
Damien- Halfling Rogue

Only 2 people, trying to keep the group small over there. If interested in Unard, you'll have to wait until Yorin (wybren's character) is revived, since he is playing Unard until Yorin is alive again.
Back to top Go down
rldouglass
Adventurer
Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Hung Wei
HP: 11
AC:: 20 (+1 Dodge)

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:29 pm

I'm interested in Dorik the Dwarf Fighter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Ok, I posted in his CS for you as well. Lvl him up to lvl 4 and start posting. I"ll PM you with what has gone on in Crevisha since everyone left to go into the UnderMountain and kill off the spiders and destroy the crystal.

SEverian; If you'd like to start up playing Unard, go ahead. He gets 2300xp as well, from his current point on his CS. I'll PM you some main points about what happend in the Undermountain as well, although your two's info will be much different. Dorik helped fight in the Army's Ranks on the surface. Unard was helping out the smaller strike force to destroy a crystal that let the spider/drow army communicate telepathicly.
Back to top Go down
Nightfalcon
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer
Nightfalcon

Character sheet
Name: Kyrizdin
AC:: 19

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Greetings, I'm William and I will be playing Kyrizdin, a drowic paladin. Marty is fast tracking getting me in so I will put up his bio in parts over the next week or so.

Chevy, as far as the age of some of this group making you feel old, I've been playing D&D for over 30 years so you're just a pup. My first purchase was a boxed set with a bunch of low quality 8 1/2 x 11 fold over books. (For you real youngsters, that’s D&D .5 Beta test.)

As for the rest, I'm really looking forward to the game. I've been reading the back post and this seems like it will be a great group.

Finally I'll be generating an icon in the next couple of days as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 am

RLdouglass; Dorik was not with them in the Undermoutain. He was above, fighting the main war on the surface. SO; technically, Dorik and Seveliss have no claim to the share of treasure nor the gold. Please take the rest of this convo over to the SPiders web OOC forum... Most likly the Buy/sell thread.
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 1:27 pm

@William: If you played the center-stapled magazine-fold basic set when it was new, you may call me whatever you want - pup, whelp, what have you. Honored to have you with us, and glad to have another fellow player who started roleplaying (and reached adulthood) before the video game console age.
Back to top Go down
Nightfalcon
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer
Nightfalcon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Video Games console. You mean something like Pong right. Razz

Actually I got my first taste (The original box set) about 6 month before the infamous blue book was first release. Back then I don't know which was harder finding the material for the game or finding people who would give it a try. I'm just glad to see the geekafication of our nation so that the issue is finding the right group to play with rather than finding anyone to game with.

Now I've got to go before they take me back to the senior center.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:58 am

Lol, you guys are great. My dad is 40, so Im sure he could share in your laughs, he plays Revooth in Spiders Web...

Great RPing so far btw..
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:39 am

@William: Yeah, especially given the "satanic panic" only a decade later, which only serves to indicate how much of that sentiment must have already been present before it solidified into a "movement". Grab an extra cup of pudding for me, would ya? Player Introductions Icon_wink
Edit: And Pong. Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

@Everyone: What do you think about Barry winning the Nobel Peace Prize? Look at the list of Peace Prize Laureates, all but the most recent one list either completed achievements, or efforts taken over the span of years. How long was the big O in office when he was nominated? Two weeks. I didn't realize that "Good Intentions" was a measurable accomplishment.

Edit 2: Speaking of nominations, I'd like to nominate Wybren for an XP bonus for referring to "Tomb Raider" in character without being anachronistic. Gave me a good laugh.

Last edited by chevy on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:32 am

Not that I keep up with politics, nor who wins or is nominated for the Nobel. But I totally agree, I saw it on Yahoo news and was like WTF?
Back to top Go down
Nightfalcon
Goblin Killer
Goblin Killer
Nightfalcon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:14 pm

As far as President Obama's (BTY you threw me with Barry) receiving the Nobel Prize, I will admit that my initial reaction was "for what?". I'm a supporter who worked to get him into office but I have to admit his list of accomplishments are rather limited.

That being said, the committee's stated policy is often to recognize people in process as opposed to waiting after their efforts have seen completion. This President has taken very distinct steps to restoring discourse to diplomacy. I will as admit as someone who was appalled by the unilateral, aggressive (my way or the highway) policies of the previous administration, I think this is a very good thing. I'm a strong believer in the "walk softly but carry a wooden stick" philosophy. The president has made great strides to repair the image and presitege of our nation on the world stage.

I also think that it is possible that the committee as part of a distinctly political agenda may have seen this as a way to bolster the president and his efforts, not realizing that in an environment that is polarized as our nation, the President could cure cancer, fix the economy, end terrorism, Put a man on the moon and bring peace to the middle east and many of his detractors would still be hard pressed to find anything good to say about him. World wide this will add to his prestige and that of our nation but I don't think it will help him domestically.

Finally before anyone accuses me of being a bleeding heart liberal, I'm an army brat who distinctly remembers the Viet Nam War and was a history major in college. This makes me rather practical and hard nosed when it comes time to act. I live in New York, have worked in the World Trade Center, and have done a bunch of work with the FDNY after 9-11. I was lucky enough not to lose anyone close to me but I know lots of people who did. I'd love to see Osama Bin Laden hauled into court at 1 Center Street and see him charged with murder. We're a death penalty state in this case I would have no problem with us seeking the maximum penalty we can.
Back to top Go down
chevy
Town Guard
Town Guard
chevy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Started a new topic here (click) to continue the Obama/Peace Prize thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Introductions   Player Introductions Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Introductions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiders web :: New Nations Campaign :: OOC Forum-
Jump to: