RPG game
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

 AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

 check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

 as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

 This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

 your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

 other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

 on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

 continueing that game any longer.

 

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....


Share | 
 

 UnderWorld Day: 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 57
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 19 HP 29/29   Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:21 am

"All right. We can go back. We may regret it though. We had surprise this time. Next time they will be ready for us. With the destruction of the crystal is our mission complete?
Or do we want to chase the Queen around?

I forget. How long did it take us to get here from the pool."
Back to top Go down
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 am

"I agree, I need to rest and heal before we move on."

Finbert is eyeing up the mace. "Does anyone else want that?"
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, hp 20/23, Ac 19   Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 am

Yorin: I am out of spells now, except for a few orisons. And that goes for Eruden as well.
So if you want to have a look, better not start a fight, because we won't be able to heal you.
I can give you a weak resistance spell, if you're interested, Aubrey. It lasts 1 minute.
if you think you have discovered a trap, I still am protected against electricity (for 25 more minutes).
I think we shouldn't linger here for more than 2 minutes, let's go back to the magical pool


Yorin gets her shortspear out of the priestess's heart and the dagger out of her head,
putting them away again. She will hang the magical whip of the priestess at her waist if nobody else is interested. She will then get behind the others, so that if something dangerous comes out of the secret door, she will not be the first to meet it.
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 57
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 19 HP 29/29   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:30 am

To Rodale. "If we wait then the Queen will get away or worse bring reinforcements. Why don't we take a peek at least?"
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:17/27   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:13 am

Rodale grabs Aubrey right before he opens the door.

“Already got it open friend, just not really looking to pick a fight with whatever might be on the other side right now. We’ll come back after a rest.”

“OK, where would be a good place to make camp? I’m hungry and we’re pretty beat up.”

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 57
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 19 HP 29/29   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 am

Aubrey goes up to Rodale's door. "Allow me." He then opens it.
Back to top Go down
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 16 / 27 | AC: 17 | Con: -2   Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am

[OOC] Posting to update stats. Does the con damage reduce my total hit points? Or just play in to future Fort / Concentration checks? [/OOC]
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:53 am

[Damage]
Random number (1,6) :
3

[Con damage]
Random number (1,4) :
2
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 19 / 27 | AC: 17   Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:52 am

[Reflex save]
Random number (1,20) :
10
+3

[Fort save]
Random number (1,20) :
8
+5

Finbert turns to Damien: "And miss all the fun?! No chance! Besides, it's just a little nick.
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:22 am

Putting his ear up to the door, Rodale the deadly ranger, hears loud rushing water from the other side of the door.

(Identify can only be used on object at a time. The component is also a "rare" component, a pearl worth 100gp and needs to be crushed and stirred into wine mixed with a owls feather. This concoction needs to be RPed, it takes 1 hour to successfully make the potion. After drinking, the spell must be used within the next hour. In short, Identify must wait...)

After stopping the invisibility spell, the metal sphere grows dull, and no longer produces the cold it once did. It turns to room temp, and otherwise seems utterly useless.
Although, Revooth understands he now cannot use his Identify spell, between him and Yorin, the two figure out the Cloak, mace, and whip all have magical properties. Schools:
Mace: Enchantment
Whip: Necromancy
Cloak: Enchantment

The scrolls are unreadable, but with Yorins spell craft check she is pretty sure they are Divine, although possibly evil spells.

Fin finds a small rod in his pouch, and sticking it in the hole in the middle of the secret hatch, a dart flys from the small hole, snapping his stick, and flying at the gnomes face (Ref save DC 17: Poison d6 + d4 con dam{poison save is For: DC 15} if Save is failed.)

Unard (Glad your back buddy! Hope everything went ok!) goes back out to the huge cavern, looking to see if the crystal can be seen in the abyss. Unfortuatly, the dwarf can't see the bottom, even with his decent DarkVision. Its just too deep. Otherwise, the dwarf sees two other exits out of the room. One on the far southeastern wall, the other on the other side of the bridge..

Damien looks at Fin, Why didn't you let me check it out first buddy? Would have saved you the trouble Then waits to see if Fin goes to open the hatch, if he doesn't, Damien will.
Back to top Go down
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 19/27 | AC: 17   Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 pm

"Thank you! Much better!"

"I'm afraid I don't know much about magical items or how they might work. I just like to put people to sleep and hit them on the head!"
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, hp 9/23, Ac 19, 20 against Priestess   Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Yorin sees her shortspear kill the priestess and says: Yes, that's my wrath, you evil spider-woman! Horus, thanks for allowing me this revenge, I won't forget it!

It's good that I killed the woman, for her goddess may direct her anger to me now.
I trust my Queen Isis will protect me against the SPider Queen's wrath, but I am not sure whether you guys have the same protection


She accepts the minor healings of Eruden (+3 hp), Thanks Eruden, I need that,
and casts a cure moderate wounds on Finbert and a cure light wounds on herself. Then she will cast a detect magic on the items found (assuming the others show them to her) and, if there are magic items, try to determine the schools of magic with a spell craft check.

healing of Finbert
Random number (2,16) :
3

+8 (+4 level bonus +4 augment)

healing of Yorin herself
Random number (1,Cool :
5

+6

Spell craft check
Random number (1,20) :
4

+8
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:43 pm

(ooc, sorry i have not posted until now, I had surgery on Tuesday and I have more or less been confined to my bed since then.)

Well now that mess is over, you should all get ready. I feel that this is not exactly the safest place to be right now... * Unard looks back to the room with the orb thing* But there is something i want to check out first.

Unard walks back into the other room and does a listen and search check, then jumps over to where the orb was and searches the area, and does a spot check to see if he can see how far the orb droped.

search
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
20
+1
listen
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
15
+8

jump
Spoiler:
 

search
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
18
+1
spot
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
5
+2
Back to top Go down
Revooth (MPHoob)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 48
Location : Greenwood, IN

Character sheet
Name: Revooth
HP: 12/12
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 am

Revooth takes the rod back out of the sphere or reinserts it, whichever seems do-able in order to stop the invisibility sphere.
Revooth uses his "identify" spell and newly acquired magical aptitude ; asks to take a look at the drow written scrolls, shows the dwarven scrolls to the magicaly inclined in the group as well as the dwarven in the group; He's also concentrating on the cloak, it will prove useful, he thinks. study elephant Question

"Fin, anyone, take a look at these trinkets, ring, and these two bands...is there anything good we can figure out now ??? If not then I'll put them back away, if no one objects til we find other times to learn, like back at the king or in the nearest alchmists/magician's labs"

"hey, what of this podium, Yorin, shall I burn it???"

"did someone mention tea???
Back to top Go down
http://www.belcan.com
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 8 / 27 | AC: 17   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 am

Finbert calls out to the priests "I could do with a little help here. I'm not feeling my usual cheery self. I think the blood and splintered bones might have something to do with it!" and manages a small smile.

While he waits, he finds something in his pouch that can fit the small hole on the top of the plinth and pokes it.
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:17/27   Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 am

Rodale will attempt a quick listen check behind the secret door before it’s closed:

Listen: +9 added
Random number (10,29) :
20

He’ll then ask if anyone can check for magic on any of the found items, and call out the masterwork crossbow to anyone that uses one to suggest that they swap it out.

OOC: I’ll temporarily have limited to no internet access at home, so if anything interesting happens in the evenings Rodale can be NPC’d, or I’ll catch it in the morning.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:51 am

(Nice checks Rodale and Fin!!) -I'll NPC Damien from now on, My brother has dropped out....

Ginoma notices everyone shrugging and generally getting the wrong idea from her previous statement, I didn't mean I felt bad, I just wanted to know alittle more about this plot, and war. The queens vanishing act doesn't surprise me though. And yes Thimble, Im sure they would have killed us, She motions to Rodale, Yorin, Thimble and Aubrey, They took quite a beating.

Fin strolls over to the podium, finds a small seam in the top, a secret hatch. He also notices a super small hole (about the size of a pen tip) in the middle of the secret hatch.

Thimble strolls about the room, checking to see if he can find anyone besides friends thoughts, and doesn't. No one else is in the room, who can think, besides the party.

Rodale searchs about the room, and after a while finds the nearly perfectly hidden outline of a small door on the western wall (about 5 and a half feet tall) A rock seems to prove as a handle, upon shifting the rocky-looking door it starts to slide open. The ranger closes it quickly though, not wanting to alert anything on the other side.

Rodale finds a little gold on the ogre (130gp) another 550gp and a master work hand cross bow on the drider (medium sized).

Aubrey helps out Rodale when searching the priestess (I added +3 to Rodales check, next time roll Aubrey)
The two fighters find a multitude of things. A whip with three snake heads on the end, a bloody mace, two scrolls (written in drow) a dark green (almost black) cloak, and a vial of a milky white liquid.

L walks over to the priestess and the findings, The cloak is common among the Underworld creatures. I'd have Revooth or one of the gnomes take a special look at it.

Damien strolls in the room, with hand cross bow loaded, he steps in ready to attack, What? I missed all the fun? snap! Damn! he snaps his fingers to make the noise. He puts away his small bow, then walks around the room. Ending up at the podium with Finbert. Watcha ya find here?

Eruden grabs Moradins holy symbol, holding it high in the air, Anyone who could use alittle more of Moradins prayers, come here. But soon, we should rest.

Eruden will cast ONE CMW, two CLW and up to three C Minor W...

Random number (2,16) :
6
+5 - Thimble
Random number (1,Cool :
8
+5 - Rodale
Random number (1,Cool :
3
+5 - Ginoma
Cure minor cures 1 point of damage. - 3hp to Yorin (Im assuming she can heal herself also) If she doesn't need it, it goes to Rodale.


Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:58 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : 1) added Eruden & Ginoma's action 2) added Thimbles action 3) added random numbers)
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 57
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 19 HP 29/29   Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:04 am

"Damien, why don't you start poking around the walls? Who knows, maybe the Queen will pop out and introduce herself?"

Aubrey is poking around the bodies for valuables as well. Starting with the drow priestess he just helped kill. "That was fun. A shame that the Queen gave us the slip. How are you doing Yorin? You had me worried."

"We should check this room for secret doors."



Hey, Try to edit posts without random numbers, instead of posting multiple times. Please... It cuts down on pages, and I can only see 5 posts when Im replying. So it helps me not having to open so many tabs.----DM
Back to top Go down
Thimble Fiddlewinks
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 34
Location : Baltimore, MD

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 8/21 AC: 14   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:45 am

"Drat, and I was sure we would find some valuable information from them," Thimble says as he steps out of the radius of the Invisibility Sphere, "I could use some healing, I'm hurting pretty bad."

Thimble concentrates on his Detect Thoughts spell and tries to find the spider, moving about the room as he does so.
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: HP:17/27, AC:16/17   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:17 am

In response to Ginoma commenting on killing all of their opponents Rodale shrugs. With that he looks around the room for anything of any value:

Spot: +9 added
Random number (10,29) :
28

He then will search the bodies of the drider, drow and ogre.

“I could use some more healing and a rest myself. This room stinks of blood though and seems very exposed. I’d rather camp somewhere else.”
Back to top Go down
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 8 / 27 | AC: 17   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 am

"Well I for one would like a bit of a lie down and a nice cup of tea. And I wouldn't feel too bad about killing everyone, Ginny. I have a feeling they might have done the same to us if we hadn't! They certainly tried hard enough!"

Finbert wanders over to the podium to take a closer look.

[Spot]
Random number (1,20) :
18
+3
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 am

Rodale awakens fully, grabs up his weapons, and rushes to the dwarf clerics side. He takes advantage of the stunned drider, and sinks his two deadly swords into the creatures back. With a length of steel on ethier side of its spine, the hell spawn creaturs bleeds out and falls to the floor, back to the dark abyss where it belongs.

FInbert launches his little body and morningstar at the stunned preistess. He swings and connects with the female drows shin, doing little damage. His twisted facial features showing his ander and distress, at the least he got his point across..(1 damage)

Aubrey sees Yorin in trouble, and hurting by the Evil clerics slap-spell. The sailor rushes to her aid, his dagger proving useless, getting tangled in the priestesses robes, but his longsword found its mark easy enough, cutting open a horrib looking gash in the evil drows side (12 damage)

Yorin, despite the black vapors seeping out her every pour, she hoists her short spear up, and lunges, piercing the priestess right where she intended. The spear head pushes through breast bone and muscle, into the drow's heart-area, and out its back. Although the priestess is stunned, anyone looking that direction could see the shock and desperation dancing in the drow's eyes.

Thimble works his special art and a cloudish vapor extends most of the length of the cavern. Everyone gets a small tingle in their heads. Like something was forgotten, or left at home.

Eruden looks to Rodale, a wide grin across his face Moradin would be proud son! Nice work, now, let me tend to your wounds The priest strolls over to the ranger, lays his hand upon his shoulder and calls for moradins power Heal this boy, helper of the dwarves. Fearless and strong, he is worthy of your mighty power White light encircles the ranger.
Random number (1,Cool :
1
+6

Unard turns from the dead Drider, and swings his warhammer with as much momentum as he could muster. The weapon smashes into the priestess, crushing ribs and spine. Slinging the drow across the room, to lay as a jumbled heap near the north wall.

Combat is now over.
Everyone add 850xp (Good work on destroying the crystal BEFORE the heat of battle. That was a very good tatical decision.

Ginoma looks to every one, Now what. We have no idea whats going on really. We just came barging in here and killed everyone. I'd say that was the Queen commander, but I still wonder what the main point was. Also, what happened to the big spider? It just dissapeared, vanished... Id say thats not the last time we meet up with that beast. After shes done talking, she looks about the room, absently. Just taking in the sights.

A concrete podium in a semicircle groove in the northern part of the room. Purple stars line the floor, a stench of dried blood and birthing fill the room.
Back to top Go down
Thimble Fiddlewinks
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 34
Location : Baltimore, MD

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 9/21 AC: 14   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:42 am

"Maybe they know something about these tunnels and the orb," Thimble yells, still invisible, "it will only take me a few seconds, I hope I'm not too late!"

Thimble casts Detect Thoughts (Will save DC 17):
Spoiler:
 
(OOC notes about this action:)
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, hp 6/23, Ac 19, 20 against Priestess   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:04 am

OOC: sorry, her hitpoints are at 6 actually, but at least she hits!!!
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, hp 23/23, Ac 19, 20 against Priestess   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:03 am

Her jaw broken by the powerful blow of the priestess,
Yorin gets really agitated, calls upon Horus for extra strength: Hear me Divine warrior and let me have my revenge with your Power"
OOC: this gives her strength 16 for 1 round

then she tries to stab her shortspear into the priestess's heart:
attack
Random number (1,20) :
16
+5 (bab+2 str.+3)

damage

Random number (1,6) :
1
+3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   

Back to top Go down
 
UnderWorld Day: 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Underworld
» Underworld lore
» Demon and the Underworld
» The Trail To The Underworld Of Mermaids
» Map of Camp Half-Blood/Underworld

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiders web :: Spiders Web Campaign :: Spiders Web Campaign-
Jump to: