RPG game
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

 AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

 check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

 as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

 This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

 your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

 other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

 on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

 continueing that game any longer.

 

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....


Share | 
 

 UnderWorld Day: 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, 23/23 hp, AC 19   Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Yorin to L: I hardly know anything more than you. We just found the chest on the level above, and we wonder what's inside. The chest was in a room with a few duergar, and 3 other duergar were nearby, one of them had the metal sphere. So that's why I thought that the sphere was the key to opening it. But now it seems we have the tooth, the claw and this sticky eye to open it. And perhaps we need a few other items yet.
I wonder how you know that there is 'pouring magic' on this eye. What does that mean, exactly? Have you seen it before, perhaps?"



OOC: Yorin has prayed for new 0 and 1st level spells (for completeness I add the 2nd level spells):
0-level
detect magic (2x)
guidance
resistance

1st
Enlarge person (domain)
Comprehend languages
Protection from evil
Divine Favor

2nd
cure moderate wounds (domain)
spiritual weapon
resist energy
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Finbert touches the eye, its sticky, slimy with blood. Even somewhat soft, but harder than a normal eye should be.

The smoke left the room, the traveld down the southeast passage (to be exact) Here is a better map:(O and ignore the webs, something to do with the layering, can't quite figure it out yet....)

Map:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:22 pm

"Well hubble bubble, toil and trouble indeed! Eyes and claws and teeth, oh my!"

Finbert wanders over and pokes the eye.

[OOC] I'm a little confused - the map shows a single entrance to this cavern to the south, but you mention the smoke leaving east. What have I missed?
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Rodale takes a torch, lights it, and after hearing nothing and seeing nothing but a faint red gleam through the thick webs, lights the webs on fire. The heat of all the nine hells, or so it seems, burns in his face. Creating a twenty foot fire ball, which doesn't take long to burn the flammable web into ash, filling the whole room with smoke, which filters out and heads into the eastern passage, seeming to be 'sucked' or 'drafted' out of the small room, into the passage. (Thimble and Rodale take 1 damage, being so close to the heat.)

With the webs gone you notice the tiny bodies of tiny spiders now litter the floor, Seems you saved us some time, and energy Rodale, nice work! Ginoma congragulates the ranger, jumping and slapping him on the back in a friendly gesture.

Apart from the tiny spiders only an old and dusty altar stands in the middle of the room, sitting on the top lies a red sphere, gleaming in Rodales torch light. That seems to be.... dripping? Yes!

Dripping, onto the floor, a thick, crimson red substance. Everyone in the room knew exactly what they were looking at on site, an eye, torn out of something huge, very recently.

L looks at the group, I've kept my silence, because Im new to your cause, but that is just pouring magic... Its almost as if it has just been enchanted, not long ago at all. the Elf strides over to the eye, and peers at it closely, studying it, Yes, it matches the strength of the claw and tooth you hold Revooth, also carrying an opening spell... He never touches the eye, but shurgs his shoulders, What does this mean to you all? Im lost, I know nothing of the puzzle you two motioning to Yorin and Revooth, Seem devoted to solving. Would you care to enlighten a fellow elf, and cleric?
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:27/27   Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:05 pm

"Good idea." Rodale says as he lights a torch and tries to light the closest web, keeping as much distance as possible.

Before he does this, Rodale will do a quick listen & spot check to see if he can pick up anything in the room:

Spot: +9
Random number (1,20) :
19

Listen: +9
Random number (1,20) :
7
Back to top Go down
Thimble Fiddlewinks
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 34
Location : Baltimore, MD

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 21/21 AC: 14   Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:01 am

"Let's burn these webs down," Thimble says, "That should bring the spiders out, if there are any."

"There's also a chance that they are invisible, so everyone keep on guard," Thimble says as he examines the webs and surrounding cave area.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) +9:
Random number (1,20) :
10
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:36 am

Revooth:Half A water flask full of the healing water will cure 2d6 hp. There are enough for two drinks in the water flask. Making the water flask an effective healing potion of 2d6, useable two times.

The path to the silver glowing room is a short one, and sure enough, the entire room is covered in spider webs. The cavern isn't very big, compared to the others you've seen thus far, reaching about 20' in any direction. Webs cover all walls, and most of the space in the room, your only able to walk little more than five feet in the archway.

Funny how there are all these webs, but no spiders... Ginoma comments, making a quick glance around the room. Although its nearly impossible to see through the center of the room, fore its a thick mat of webs entagled in each other.

Map of Room:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Revooth (MPHoob)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 48
Location : Greenwood, IN

Character sheet
Name: Revooth
HP: 12/12
AC:: 14

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 am

Quote from Aubrey: Aubrey takes a drink from the pool. He washes the area where the lightening bolt struck. "Yorin and Eruden. Here is the seacat claw I picked up. See if you can make some use of it."

Ok, Aubrey, let us put that on our to do list, thankeesaii, says Revooth with an open hand and a long low bow...

And, Wow, am I thirsty, you've all done a splendid job of keeping pace with the smelly beasts down here, but I've been hurt and am to drink I am, quite good actually, veerry tasty! Matter of fact, I think I'll dump what water I've got and replace it with this super stuff!!"


Quote from Yorin That's a pity Revooth, can't you make the spell on the tooth work by your magical abilities? Perhaps it's a divine spell then.

"Very well Yorin, good luck and a Prayer be with ya, and not to worry everyone, all things in good time!!!"

"Silvery glow, silvery glow, let us go, let us go to the silvery glow" his is probably due to seaving of webs, let's be ready!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.belcan.com
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:27/27   Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:50 am

"Well then, my vote is to avoid the death mushrooms. The left path and its silvery glow looks good to me. Anyone else?"
Back to top Go down
Thimble Fiddlewinks
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 34
Location : Baltimore, MD

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 21/21 AC: 14   Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:55 am

Thimble examines the rocks at the beginning of each hallway to try to see if he can discern anything.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:54 am

Eruden looks at Rodale and smiles Mushrooms, though don't eat them, they are pretty poisoness. Don't get near them ethier, blow puffs of mushroom dust, which is also poisoness, a bit less than if you ate it though. He points to the straight path, Probably a forest of 'em in there, their name escapes me, but I know they can be dangerous
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:27/27   Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 am

“Any one of you rock-loving dwarf types or magic-loving smarty-pants types care to tell me what’s going on with the glowing rocks around here?”
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:39 am

As everyone wakes, and follows Rodale, you come to another 3 way split, Rodale points to the right where the drow were conversing, but the main light comes from the straight path, although some does come from the right split. The left passage is illuminated by a silvery glow.
Back to top Go down
Thimble Fiddlewinks
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 34
Location : Baltimore, MD

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 21/21 AC: 14   Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:07 am

Thimble sleeps well and studies his spell book for a short time in the morning. "I'm ready to go," Thimble says as he closes his spell book, "Lead the way!" Once Rodale begins moving, Thimble follows with the rest of the group. "I'm so glad the hallway is lit here, I can't quite see in the dark."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:05 am

Damien wakes up from a deep slumber, wipes the sleep from his eyes and walks over to the Magic Pool. He washes up a bit and gets a big drink before following Rodale through the portal and down the hall, keeping as quiet as possible along the way.

Random number (1,20) :
1
+5 to move silent check.
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:27/27   Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am

As everyone begins to wake and get ready, Rodale says “The walls down that passage seem to be giving off their own light. We shouldn’t need torches or anything. I’ll keep to the front.”

And as everyone is ready, Rodale heads back through the portal.

Assuming nothing out of the ordinary happens, Rodale will head down the passageway where the drow and driders came from, listening and looking for anything unusual:

Spot: +9
Random number (1,20) :
20

Listen: +9
Random number (1,20) :
7
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:28 am

Yorin finds that the schools of magic, and the magic itself are of Transmutaion magic and are imbued with a incomplete Open/Close spell, it seems there are other objects needed to complete the spell. As for the long sword, it does not emit magic what so ever. Just a master Work long sword. (+1 to attack rolls)

Rodale comes back with the information the it wasn't a room the Drow were conversing in, just a widend part in the passage, that bends yet again after the 'Room' and goes on for quite some time.



OOC: Yes everyone may prepare/pray for new spells. I'll assume Finbert takes last watch, Unard takes first, Ginoma takes 3rd and Eruden takes 2nd.

The night passes without event, and all seems the same when 'morning' comes.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, 23/23 hp, AC 19   Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 am

addition: If possible, Yorin looks at the masterwork longsword too with her detect magic.
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:21/24   Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:05 pm

“If nobody objects, I wouldn’t mind using that masterwork longsword.” Assuming nobody has any objections, Rodale will pick up the MW longsword. “I’d also like to take a quick look at the room these guys were hiding out in down that tunnel. Then we can head through the portal and get a rest.”

With that Rodale heads down the tunnel, examines the room where the drow and driders were originally, and then heads back to the group.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, 23/23 hp, AC 19   Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Seeing that the pool is safe, Yorin drank from it, bringing her to full health.
She cast her sanctuary spell when Revooth started his research on the chest,
but as he did not succeed, she did not use the shards to cast another sanctuary.

"That's a pity Revooth, can't you make the spell on the tooth work by your magical abilities? Perhaps it's a divine spell then"

Yorin casts a detect magic and looks at the sphere, the tooth and the claw of the Sea Cat.
She can then try to determine the schools of magic of the spells on these items, with a spell craft check:

sphere
Random number (1,20) :
19
+8

tooth
Random number (1,20) :
20
+8

claw
Random number (1,20) :
11
+8

OOC: I wonder how late it is in game time, so that if 10 hours pass Yorin can pray for new spells too?
Back to top Go down
Finbert Carakin
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-07-19
Location : San Francisco

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 pm

"I'm as eager to find out what these Drow are up to as you, Thimble, but I'm going to be pretty much useless if we get into another fight. I could really do with a rest."

"Myself and Splodge will take first or last watch."

[Spot]
Random number (1,20) :
20
+3

[Listen]
Random number (1,20) :
16
+5
Back to top Go down
http://altuniverses.com
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: UnderWorld Day: 5   Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 pm

Ginoma and Eruden both nod together when Yorin and Revooth speak about studying the magic items I could use some time to figure out the new blessing moradin has given me, if that portal goes where you say it does, thimble, I think we should take the oppotunty. L's place was fairly secluded and had only one way in/out with a long passage to boot. Eruden adds his two cents...

As Unard searches the drow and drider, he doesn't find much this time around, he brings a master work long sword, a regular long sword, and four short bows. Only 40gp came out of the dark elf pockets this time.

As Yorin study's the pool, she finds that it was not created by any god she knows of, but seems perfectly safe.

I drank from it Yorin,heald up my gashes nicely Ginoma says to her as she study's the pool, showing her stomach to be clean from any wounds.

After Revooth (and the other mages) spends time resting and studying the magic Items, he trys to figure out a place to touch the tooth to the chest. Although every time he trys to get near it sparks emit from the chests wall of force. No damage is done to the tooth, but the stubborn chest just won't open. Further study on the metal sphere leads Revooth and Yorin to believe its of Drow make, and the magic in harbors possibley from Lloth (The Spider Queen Goddess) herself. Although they are not sure what its used for, Revooth can sense a spell of slightly stronger power than his imbued on the sphere.

OOC: Any one who drank from the magic Pool is at full health, IF you guys spent at least 10 hours at L's place mages can cast their new spells
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   

Back to top Go down
 
UnderWorld Day: 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Similar topics
-
» Underworld
» Underworld lore
» Demon and the Underworld
» The Trail To The Underworld Of Mermaids
» Map of Camp Half-Blood/Underworld

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiders web :: Spiders Web Campaign :: Spiders Web Campaign-
Jump to: