RPG game
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Ok, Its been confirmed. This site is causing threats to show up on my

 AVG maleware detecter. We will be switching sites as of now. I'll not

 check this site again, and be taking the steps to delete it altogether

 as the day goes on. Everyone please go to

 This site

Register as a user and Join the new nations game, just copy/paste

 your character sheets from this site and send them to me in the

 other game. As for the Spiders Web Campaign; Wybren hasn't been

 on for days, intrest has seemed to be lost there, I'll not be

 continueing that game any longer.

 

Hopefully everone follows the game to the new site....


Share | 
 

 UnderWorld Day: 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 58
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 18 HP 19/24   Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Aubrey moves along the ledge to join the others.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Aubrey shoots at the dangling drow and as it takes his arrow in the side, the drow falls into the abyss, screaming on its way down.

Thimble rushes, quite quickly, to the others, but not making as far as he'd hoped, the others are nearly at the archway and he is just now at the platform in the middle.

While running, a flash catches your eye. The crystal dangling below the bridge actually pulsed. Its energy unkown, but the flash seemed unnatural.

Map:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Thimble Fiddlewinks
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 34
Location : Baltimore, MD

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 21/21 AC: 14   Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Confident that the others could easily finish off the remaining drow, and noticing that he's already quite far behind, Thimble moves quickly to catch up with the rest of the group along the ledge. Forgoing his attack, he moves twice as fast as he would otherwise. "Curious, indeed. I wonder what that shimmering is?"
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 58
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 18 HP 19/24   Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Aubrey shoots at the dangling drow.

+7
Random number (1,20) :
9

damage
Random number (1,Cool :
1

crit
Random number (1,20) :
8
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:26/27   Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Rodale will continue along the path, and ready an arrow which he'll release as soon as an enemy shows itself.

To Hit: +7
Random number (1,20) :
13

Crit:
Random number (1,20) :
13

Damage:
Random number (1,6) :
5
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:54 am

Unard takes a mighty leap, ( Its a +8 because of your ACP of -1, still great for a dwarf!) Landing next to Eruden, the swinging at the drow, Unard must have lost focus during his jump, because the nimble drow easily avoided the stout dwarfs blow. The drow Finally got his bow strung and an Arrow knocked, loosing an arrow at Aubrey. The arrows aim true as any, but not enough force behind the projectile to do critical damage. (5 damage Aubrey) The sailor then looses his own arrow, piercing the drow's cheek and, gushing blood, falls into the abyss in its death.
Drow atk
Spoiler:
 
The Drow dangling is still trying to pull himself up.

Rodale (NPCing this action since he posted 2 last time) Doesn't see another standing target, continues after Ginoma. Who has nearly reached to archway. Eruden, looking around for another path, sees the next, smaller, platform and, getting a running start, leaps to the small rock. The dwarf cleric barley makes his jump, slipping a somehow catching himself. He regains his balance and leaps to the next jutting platform, landing hard. He looks around the cavarn, expecting Drider or at least more drow.
Eruden's Jumps
Spoiler:
 

As Rodale and Yorin make their way to the archway, L the elf cleric makes his own way up the narrow ledge.
Map:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 58
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 18 HP 24/24   Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:25 am

Aubrey shoots at the standing drow.

+7 (I believe this is correct. Revised character sheet to follow)
Random number (1,20) :
19

damage
Random number (1,Cool :
6

crit
Random number (1,20) :
14
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:13 am

Unard jumps 1 platform south.
(dc 10)
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
16
+9

Unless i roll a 1, Unard will stand along side Eruden and attack the drow.
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
4
+7
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
2
+4

(how high up is the platform?)
(if a roll a 1 I will try and get a hold of the platform
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
17
+4 if its a strength check and +9 if it is a climb check.

and i will try and climb up to the top of the platform on my next turn
Guest carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
11
+9)
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:24 am

Yorin and Rodale both loose their projectiles, only to watch them fall into the dark abyss below. Aubrey saves the day, sticking an arrow into the drows stomach, causing him to fall, but catch the ledge himself.

The other drow pulls himself up, regaining his footing. Then drawing, and having to string his bow, gets ready to knock an arrow.

Eruden knows he couldn't possibly keep his balance on the narrow ledge, so he decides to make a jump for it, to the platform of the first drow. (Jump DC is 5 for every five feet between the platforms.) He makes it without trouble, then draws his mace and swings at the drows head. Connecting with a solid blow. (4 Damage)
Eruden's Rolls
Spoiler:
 

Map:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
cbsoth
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 58
Location : Dumfries, Virginia

Character sheet
Name: Krendell Thramus
HP: 19
AC:: 17

PostSubject: AC 18 HP 24/24   Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:44 am

Aubrey shoots at the drow still standing with the long bow.

+4
Random number (1,20) :
19

damage
Random number (1,Cool :
4

crit
Random number (1,20) :
1
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: ac 16 hp 41   Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 am

((how high are the platforms from the ground in dc terms?))
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 am

OOC: 2 straight attack rolls of 1 for us. What are the odds? .2%, those are the odds.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, 23/23 hp, AC 19, 20 against Drow 2   Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:10 am

Yorin fires her already loaded sling at the drow still standing (O2)

sling
Random number (1,20) :
1
+5 (+2 bab +3 dex)

damage
Random number (1,4) :
3
+1

and moves after Ginoma and Rodale, along the western ledge, dodging attacks by Drow 2.
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:26/27   Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:26 am

Rodale quickly fires an arrow at the drow still standing and then works his way after Ginoma, readying another arrow in case the drow stays up or anything else appears:

Short bow:
To Hit: +7
Random number (1,20) :
1
Crit x3:
Random number (1,20) :
18
Damage:
Random number (1,6) :
2

Next attack (if necessary):
To Hit: +7
Random number (1,20) :
3
Crit:
Random number (1,20) :
10
Damage:
Random number (1,6) :
4
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 am

Rodale sees a shimmer coming from the western archway, also hearing clicks and conversation. Loud, deep grunts and rythmic chanting. The drow seem to be looking through the archway, paying no mind to the party at the chambers entrance. Rodale also peers to the sides of the chasm, he sees a ledge, narrow, but leading all the way to the western archway. Another on the eastern side exists, but its broken halfway up. Not sure how big the gap is, but sure its there.

Im thinking we should take out these drow... Then make our way to that shimmer... Ginoma starts up the narrow ledge to the archway, teetering and nearly falling, she loads her sling and fires at the closes drow (drow 1). Smacking him upside his head. He stumbles, and falls off the edge of the platform, grabbing hold of the edge, he grunts and clicks, trying to get his partners attention.(the 'O' that is not labled is Drow 2)
Ginoma's atk
Spoiler:
 

Ginoma motions every one to hurry, as she asends the narrow path, reloading her sling.

OOC: I forgot to add other blocks to jump on, but another platform between you and the first drow exists, as does one between the two drow platforms. (does that make sense?)

Map:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:26/27   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:48 am

Rodale whispers. “Agreed, I have a feeling that once we get into this fight we’re going to have something else dropping in on us. If we need the space to fight, we retreat back down the passage to the room by the portal.”

Rodale tries to take an extremely thorough look & listen check to see if there’s anything else out there.

Spot: +8 (+9-1)
Random number (1,20) :
7

Listen: +9
Random number (1,20) :
17
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, 23/23 hp, AC 19   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:14 am

Yorin softly: Wherever these drow are, the driders are around too. So better prepare for the worst

She gestures and chants softly: Isis, Queen of Protection, now guard your servant from the most damaging forms of electricity

OOC: she casts a resist energy against electrical damage on herself. Effect see spoiler, note that our enemies will not know that Yorin is protected, so they might cast a lightning bolt on her anyway.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:30 am

The right tunnel bends right almost right away, then double backing on itself to the left soon afterward. The snake like tunnel continues this pattern for almost half an hour, while walking Thimble figures the reason the smoke went this way could only be because of a exit to the outside. A "vent" if you will, a slight breeze is felt at your backs. Eventually leading into a amazingly huge chasm. High above you can faintly see a small orb of light falling into the chasm from the world above. Stalagmites that rise nearly fifty feet into the air before you coming from the bottom of the abyss, and neigh impossible to see the other side. coming out of the tunnel you see platforms of rocks jutting up from the abyss below. Running to the edge of your platform you see you can't see the bottom of this massive cavern ethier. From this point you can see to arch ways on ethier side of a long narrow bridge. A giant blue/white crystal giving off alittle light is placed just under the bridge.

The platforms rising from the abyss below are plentyful, but some are small in diameter. A narrow bridge spans above them all reaching from east to west across everything, around 60' feet above you. Torchs are lined along the walls of this room, not giving off bright light, but enough that with low-light vision some one can see clearly, humans may have trouble (-1 on all sight needed checks) but not too much. The light from above is nearly non-existint down here, drawing the conclusion that the hole above isn't very large. On each side of your 'rock' are platforms easily jumpable to that eventually lead to the begining of the bridge on ethier side, although they get further apart and smaller around the further up you go. The ones nearset the top look like they may topple easy, if too much weight was upon them. Two Drow are seen on the biggest platforms between you and the crystal.

Map:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Thimble Fiddlewinks
Town Guard
Town Guard
avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 34
Location : Baltimore, MD

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
AC::

PostSubject: HP: 21/21 AC: 14   Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:37 am

"That smoke being pulled down that hallway is quite curious indeed. I was going to suggest we go that way but since it's the same way that's already been suggested, let's be off," Thimble says as he begins moving. As soon as they start down the path, Thimble tries to figure out why the smoke was being pulled that way by examining the slope of the passage, feeling for a breeze, looking for changes in light and sound.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, 23/23 hp, AC 19   Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:32 am

Yorin to Rodale: you can give the eye to me, I'll do it in my pouch at my belt with the stones.
But I don't want to get near that altar, it's prob. dedicated to Lolth, so it could interact with the sphere in my backpack. I rather wait outside till you give the eye to me.
As to the way: yes let's take the poorly lit way, avoiding the mushrooms and their emissions.
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:26/27   Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:46 am

Rodale decides to take a quick scan of the room to see if there’s anything else of interest.

Spot: +9
Random number (1,20) :
18

Assuming nothing, “Well then, somebody grab the bloody eye and lets get out of here.” I suggest we go down the less glowing path since I’d like to avoid the mushrooms of death. Any objections?”
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 28
Location : Forest park, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:58 am

Rodale study's the eye, trying to figure out what exactly it came from, although he knows its from something pretty big, (the eye is nearly as big as the metal sphere) he can't quite place his finger on the exacty creature.
Back to top Go down
Wybren
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 35
Location : THe Netherlands

Character sheet
Name: Yorin / Radour
HP: 11 (R) / 23 (Y)
AC:: 17 (R) / 19 (Y)

PostSubject: Yorin, 23/23 hp, AC 19   Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Yorin to L: Unard tried to break the chest open with a greataxe, but his weapon was destroyed by the wall of force on the chest. The chest also has an arcane lock on it.
The metal sphere, tooth, claw and eye all have transmutation spells on them. The sphere has to do with Lolth, the Goddess of the drow elves, the Queen of Spiders. She's very evil.
Now what about my question: what is 'pouring magic' exactly?
Have you seen it before?
Back to top Go down
Rodale (Jeff)
Adventurer
Adventurer
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: AC:16/17, HP:27/27   Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Rodale wanders over to the eye "Well I have both of my eyes, so this one definitely isn't mine."

"I suppose we should take it with us, who wants to grab it?" Rodale asks with a grin.

He takes a quick closer look at it to see if he can tell what kind of creature it came from:

Knowledge: Nature +8, Dungeoneering +6
Random number (1,20) :
9
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Yorin, have you tried opening the chest where you found it?

What are the schools of the magic of those items?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: UnderWorld Day: 5   

Back to top Go down
 
UnderWorld Day: 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Underworld
» Underworld lore
» Demon and the Underworld
» The Trail To The Underworld Of Mermaids
» Map of Camp Half-Blood/Underworld

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiders web :: Spiders Web Campaign :: Spiders Web Campaign-
Jump to: